Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture and Point cloud PC Specs

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dirkiekunzuys
244 Views, 0 Replies

Revit Architecture and Point cloud PC Specs

Morning all,

I have trolled the internet and various forums looking for a truthful and non-generic answer to this question without much success. 

I work for a Land and Engineering Survey firm and for the past 18 months we have been dealing with point clouds and 3D models. 

In the past we have dealt with projects that require different scanners and we have used Riegl VZ400, Cyclones and Faro's. Projects sizes rewuired about 20 - 80 scans depending on scanner used, size and precision. We are currently in the process of finalising a project for a train station which would be scanned. Time constraints require us to use the VZ400, cyclone and faro scanners an the size of the station will require approx 800+ scans.

What I need to confirm is the PC hardware to be used. Currently we have a PC with Revit 2015, with the following :

i7 4770K

16GB Corsair 2600Mhz Gaming Ram

1Tb WD Caviar HDD

Asus Z87 Motherboard

Windows 8

We will only be providing a revit model so no need for rendering so questioning the graphics card neede, if at all. I need to know what to suggest for this and also another PC. I'm thinking to add the following :

another 16Gb of RAM

A 320Gb solid state HDD

grpahics card (not sure quattro or gaming)

Attached is an photo example of what will be scanned

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report