Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit architecture 2014 family editor section box

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
johnmcdermott
2350 Views, 2 Replies

Revit architecture 2014 family editor section box

The family editor will create a section box when you create a section in a plan view, and then in a 3d view , on the Viewcube, select "Orient to View, Section, Section 1" . This useless section box will actually cut nothing. But there will be no obvious way to shut it off. The only way to get it to shut off is to once again go to the View Cube and select "Orient to View, 3D view, 3D view:{3D}" and it will remove the section box. The trick is that yoou have to creat another 3D view to point to to get the section box to go away.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drigter
in reply to: johnmcdermott

This is an old post, so no idea if this matters, but:

When you select the 3d view in the project browser of the family, the properties panel will show the properties of the selected view. Under 'Extents' you'll be able to uncheck the Section Box.

This is also the way to find the View Range settings for a plan view of a family.

The same method can be used in a project. There you can select multiple views in the project browser and change settings in the properties panel for all these views at once, like assigning a view template.

My problem is that in a family the section box doesn't cut anything.

Message 3 of 3

Hi guys,

I am working on Revit 2022. I have imported/inserted some 2D views to my family editor (to serve as the bone for the model I am creating) and the section box actually cuts these CAD files.  

It does not cuts extrusions/forms but it does cut CAD files if you have them in your model...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report