Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2014 download

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
purpletabletennis
990 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Architecture 2014 download

I first tried downloading it by signing in and adding my student detailsand downloaded directly from there. But it didn't work. It came up with 'communication failure.' I heard from someone that you could also try downloading the trial version(then afterwards put in your serial no.) so i tried that but it came up with 'the system cannot open the device or file specified.'

Is there a way to fix this please? Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @purpletabletennis and welcome to the community!

Looks like you have a firewall or anti-virus blocking parts of your download.

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6

yay excited to see that you have replied!

okay i will try using your method. But first, do i delete the previous related files of Revit or can i just go ahead with downloading using the online link?

Message 4 of 6

Hi @purpletabletennis 

Deleting the files from your previous download is definitely the best option.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 6

I followed your steps and I turned off my mcafee antivirus software but it still comes up with 'system cannot open the device or file specified.'

😞
Message 6 of 6

It still doesn't work! 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report