Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2014 download

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
autodeskasad
6074 Views, 9 Replies

Revit Architecture 2014 download

Why does revit architecture 2014 trial download link given on the autodesk website dowloads "revit 2013"?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi autodeskasad,

We have not released Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014 yet, so the Trial Version link on our website is still 2013.

There are no updates yet on the exact date of its release, but one released the Trial Version link will then be automatically updated to 2014. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for updating.
Message 4 of 10
Dhrd
in reply to: autodeskasad

Revit 2014 for subscription customers has been released. At less my download was available this morning

Message 5 of 10
IMCornish
in reply to: Dhrd

2014 is showing as available for us this morning but can I download it, No!  Tried the 'Install Now' option but nothing happens, tried the 'Download Now' option but only got an instruction dialog about what to do when the download started but it didn't.  Tried the 'Browser Download' option which downloaded the installer but after the download and starting the installer  I get an Error dialog stating "Product download consists of multiple files.  At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet",...... well when is it going to be downloaded and how!!!!

Frustration, I'll say so. 

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 6 of 10
Dhrd
in reply to: IMCornish

Yes, there are problems with the downloads. I have ‘AutoCAD Building Design Suite Premium’. After downloading the individual programs and unsuccessfully trying to install them. I used the ‘install now’ option under the software tab for the program ‘Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium English 2014 Win 32/64’. This took about two hours to download (15.2 GB file), once downloaded it automatically took me into the program installation dialogue box which then allowed me to select the individual programs I wanted to install. This worked for me.

Message 7 of 10
HVAC-Novice

Considering download is the new default option, Autodesk should be more conform to browser standards. Interent Explorer 10 doesn't let you login to the subscription center (every other website works!), with Google Chrome it only downloaded one of the four files ( not sure why they split it up anyway). I ended up using firefox to downlaod and install it.

by excluding chrome and IE they prevented 70% of the internet users  from downloading. Many IT departments prevent installation of certain browsers. How would someone who only can use IE login and download? I know Autodesk recommends isntalling IE 9, but really, couldn't they fix their website? If you can't login you also can't order the physical copy.

On the upside 2014 starts flawlessly, unlike 2013. So I'm happy now and I hope others having downlaod problems can do it in fewer trials than I  could.

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 8 of 10
derrickmoore
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Chrome worked for me, it downloaded all four

Message 9 of 10
IMCornish
in reply to: derrickmoore

I also have Chrome and eventually got the 'Browser Download' option to work.  Everthing is going great but I would rather not have 15 GB of files taking up space on my hard drive.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 10 of 10
kawbo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report