Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

tahlia.paulin
Message 1 of 2 (237 Views)

Revit Architecture 2012 won't load past Splash Screen

237 Views, 1 Replies
04-13-2012 04:27 AM

Upon installation of Revit Architecture 2012, my laptop encountered an error, and it was not successfully installed.

After trying to uninstall and reinstall at least 4 times, I have had no success; in fact Revit will not even allow itself to be uninstalled!

I have also uninstalled ALL Autodesk programs present on my computer, and still no luck.

It is definetely not a software/hardware limitation as I have just purchased a new laptop which far exceeds any requirements for the programs.

I think the setup I downloaded off the Autodesk website is corrupted, as no uninstall process is present in the program.

I need help urgently, as my homework pile will only grow!

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: Revit Architecture 2012 won't load past Splash Screen

04-13-2012 05:23 AM in reply to: tahlia.paulin

You can try using this Utility from Microsoft to un-install an application that is not showing in the installed programs list.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/

It walks you through a trouble shooter program.  I have had good luck with it when I have trouble un-installing applications.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!