Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 edit boundary ribbon issue

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
archytextural
7957 Views, 25 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 edit boundary ribbon issue

Below is the image of my ribbon after I begin the edit boundary command for a floor slab. For some reason the ability to finish or cancel the edit mode disappears and I'm unable to close out of the command without undoing everything I've done. Has anyone else expereienced this? and if so is there a solution? Thanks

Chris 

Revit2012-editprofile issue.jpg

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
ccollins
in reply to: archytextural

On a workset enabled project, try saving locally ( the black save button at upper right part of screen.)

This will sometimes restore the Finish Sketch dialog box.

Also, try View>User Interface and check/uncheck/check all of the boxes to "refresh" the UI.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 26
archytextural
in reply to: ccollins

thanks, next time it happens I'll give that a try. Cheers!

Message 4 of 26
ccollins

Did it work? ( did the finish sketch box come back?)

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 26
archytextural
in reply to: ccollins

I had shut down revit and restarted, so I'll have to wait for the error to occur again before trying. 

Message 6 of 26
Jenni722

I'm having a similar issue with one install of Revit 2012. Here is the process:

1: Create a floor (for instance).

2: Create something else, or press Escape a couple times.

3: Select the floor object.

4: The Modify ribbon tab should change to show the "Edit Boundary" button, but instead is still showing the tools for creating lines:

2-24-2012 10-26-42 AM.png

Whatever I do in Revit, the Modify tab shows the previous state, not the current tool I need. It affects all users on this machine. Ribbon has been reset via VBS script, Revit has been uninstalled/reinstalled, Quadro drivers have been changed, updated, rolledback, and Direct3D acceleration has been turned off and on. Nothing has gotten the Modify tab to work properly.

I can either cycle the ribbon state (from full to tabs, for instance) and the menu is then correct, albeit a different size. I can then keep cycling the menus to refresh the Modify tab, or I can Ctrl-left-click drag the tab to another position, and the correct menu appears.

Very frustrating and impacts productivity. Anyone else have this, or am I the only person on the planet? All other Autodesk apps work perfectly fine, the only issue is with Revit.

Jenni

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 26
userl
in reply to: Jenni722

Jenni, I have just the same problem. Sadly still no idea how to fix it. I try to reinstall too. Installed SP2 and still no change. It is very time consuming to close and open ribbon every time you change your tools. If anyone know solution please share it. 

Message 8 of 26

the UI check box thingy worked the best so far, but still not a good solution. 

Message 9 of 26
wesil

same problem here has been happening since 2008. very annoying UI works better than shutting down at least..........

Message 10 of 26
regalith

I was disappointed to find that 2013 has the same problem.  I have to minimize and show ribbon to refresh the content specific buttons.  Anyone have a solution?

Message 11 of 26
mark
in reply to: regalith

We fixed it by starting a session of Revit double clicking the file in it's folder vs. opening the file from within Revit.

We do a bit of programming here with Addins and we think the addin has caused the issue. The addin won't load if you start Revit by doublle clicking the filename.

Mark.

Message 12 of 26
edwin
in reply to: mark

One of our clients found that rolling back to an older .NET installation fixed the issue  which was happening in 2012 and 2013.

Message 13 of 26
gj6172

Opening the Revit file with a dobbleclick does the trick for me... Strange! Maybe someone from Autodesk would like to comment the subject?

Message 14 of 26
moreaus
in reply to: edwin

I came through the same problem after installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 with Visual Studio 2012. After removing it and reinstaling the previous version of the .NET framework (Version 4), everything went fine.

Simon Moreau
www.bim42.com
Message 15 of 26
mark

There is finally a fix for the issue.

Hotfix - Autodesk Revit 2012 - Ribbon behavior due to .Net 4.5 installation

Regards,

Mark.

Message 16 of 26
MaddCatter

Does the hot fix work on 2013 too ?

Message 17 of 26
MaddCatter
in reply to: MaddCatter

The Hot Fix does not work in 2013.  

Message 18 of 26
mark
in reply to: MaddCatter

We seemed to have solved it in Revit Structure 2013 by installing Update Release 3 found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21890545&linkID=9280927

Not sure if there is a similar update for Architecture

Mark.

Message 19 of 26
MaddCatter

Excellent !!

That worked.

I had one issue on one of our computers that we had the Arch Revit loaded.  Had to go get a different SP for the Arch Revit Only.  

Once I got the Service Packs ran, all three were working correctly.

Thanks for the fix !

Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 26
opesch_

I still have got the problem While I'm working on Revit 2014 SP1.... Rolling between Ribbon sizes doesn't recover the buttons (tough I remember it worked on previous releases)

neither " press ALT + M + FM this will essentially press the green check to finish your command. Or use ALT + M + XM to Cancel."

nor setting new shortcuts nor refreshing all UI panels recover the buttons....

I don't know what else I can do to finish/cancel my floor !?!

[edit] Freeeeedoooom !

Clicking the little save file button and then cancel has finally cancel the whole editing mode without having saved the file locally....

So it's the only working solution left with 2014 sp1 !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report