Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2011 export to DWG element override issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
trucdang3750
572 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Architecture 2011 export to DWG element override issues

Hello,

When I export to AutoCAD Arch 2011 the element overrides show up on a color I didn't specify.  Sometimes when I export the same thing again, with the same settings I get some other random color.  Here are the facts.

• Used "Override Elements in View" on model lines and text
  • Specified RGB color 102,102,102
  • Exported to DWG with a customized export file.  Used the "Category properties BYLAYER, overrides BYENTITY" option.  Also tired "All properties BYLAYER, new layers for overrides" option.
  • Opened the file in AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and got various results for the color.  Sometimes I got two different colors for similar lines with the same override spec.
  • Nowhere in the customized export file I created are any of these colors specified.

You would think the RGB numbers you specify in Revit would export to the same RGB numbers in AutoCAD Arch but that does't seem to be the case with element overrides.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: trucdang3750

Here's a link that may help:

Exporting to DWG

http://docs.autodesk.com/REVIT/2011/ENU/filesUsersGuide/WS1a9193826455f5ff104d7f510f19418261-6b79.ht...

Thanks for posting,

Message 3 of 7
trucdang3750

Thanks for the link.  I've read this before but there is no answer.  I tried it in version 2013 but color overrides react the same way.  The RGB color is not maintained.

Message 4 of 7
alan.quinn

I found a few ongoing internal cases similar to the issue you are seeing. It looks like the underlying cause is display related. However, all are ongoing and no real information is available on when we can expect to see the functionality changed. I'm not sure I can offer anything at this point except to ask if you can export in a different fashion, or do some form of a batch correction in AutoCAD.

Thank you,

Message 5 of 7
trucdang3750
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks for looking into this.  It's nice to at least know that there is awareness about the issue.  Perhaps having the overrides export to a different layer and using the Layer Translator in AutoCAD might be the solution.

Message 6 of 7
alan.quinn

Thanks for the additional information. If you like I’d suggest leaving feedback at the below link. Information gathered is used to improve the application.

Product Contact Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Message 7 of 7
trucdang3750

Thanks. I went to that link and made a comment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report