Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Arch 2013 will not start- 0xc000000tb error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chadspangler7919
527 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Arch 2013 will not start- 0xc000000tb error

When attempting to start Revit Architecture 2013 I get the error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b). Click OK to close the application".

Revit Architecture 2013 has been installed on my computer since it's release in April and I have installed both updates. Until now it has worked fine and I have had no startup issues.

AutoCAD Architecture 2013 also will not start- same error message.

Oddly, Revit Architecture 2012 will start.

I have tried to uninstall Revit Arch 2013 using windows control panel, but it does not respond.

I have run Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Malacious Software Removal Tool, Malwarebytes, and Super AntiSpyware. So far, the computer looks okay. The only thing questionable was the installation, and immediate uninstall of the iLivid download manager.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: chadspangler7919

To un-install applications which will not respond you can try using the Microsoft Fix It utility.  I have had good luck with this in the past when applications will not un-install or are not showing in the add/remove programs list.

http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal/GetStarted

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 3
chadspangler7919
in reply to: loboarch

First I was able to uninstall Revit using Microsoft Fix It. Good idea! 

Then,I uninstalled my C++ files and installed the files from the link.  I also updated the Microsoft .net famework 4 client.  Restarted between each install.  Then I tried reinstalling Revit and got a message that the install failed, but it shows the program on the computer now.  When I try to start it I get the same 0xc0000007b error again. 

Here's the failed install log.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report