Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Arch 2012 Install Failure

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
MaddCatter
3144 Views, 26 Replies

Revit Arch 2012 Install Failure

REVITS201200F_EX_Adlm.asr on the disk  Error 130

Anyone out there having this problem ?

Looking for the fix !

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
oo053
in reply to: joaorcunha

I installed the downloaded version from the Autodesk website. (64bit)

Message 22 of 27
joaorcunha
in reply to: MaddCatter

Well, I've tried to install Revit 2012 the whole weekend, again without success.

Installed the latest Nvidia drivers, used different media (downloaded and DVD) and oddly, I was able to install all the other software from the Suite (3dsmax, etc...) except the Revit Family.

All the times the installation frost, except once that returned a log file, where says "Install    Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2012    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1618

My system is a 3-year old laptop, Dell XPS M1530 with 4Gb Ram.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

João.

Crazy for BIM since 2007...
Message 23 of 27
MaddCatter
in reply to: oo053

I'd like to say I found what the solution was to this problem.  I had tried everything I could think of and everything that was suggested.  Nothing seemed to work.

It Finally installed,  purely based on persistence of trying.  

During the install it was as if it locked up in the install process, at one time we let it run for 2 hours and nothing happened.  The last time we installed and got it to work.  I started up the install and left it to run overnight, checked in the next morning and found that it had installed..   

I don't consider that a fix, The few times that we have installed most recently,  I have not had any issues.  

Since then we have been loading the New updates at the install.  So maybe Autodesk has fixed the problem.

Keep trying is all I can offer :))

Message 24 of 27
joaorcunha

Thank you for the tip.

I actually left it overnight, will try again and leave the computer running 24/7 until...

Maybe its because my internet connection at home is slower than usual, so it could last longer than expected.

Will keep you informed in a couple of days.

Regards,

João.

Message 25 of 27
MaddCatter
in reply to: joaorcunha

Might suspend your AV protection.  That was something we did on the final install that might of helped.

Message 26 of 27
joaorcunha

Finally I got to install Revit 2012, following MaddCatter directions, disabling Antivirus Protection, and waiting patiently for its completion.

One thing that may have helped was disabling all the international content except the ones that were indispensable to work.

Thank you all for the big help!

Best,

João.

Message 27 of 27
dillonworkman
in reply to: MaddCatter

error.jpgI get this error message every time i try to install... HP pavilion DV7. terabyte. 8gbRAM...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report