Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and Window 8.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
precisioncadhead
4026 Views, 3 Replies

Revit and Window 8.1

Has Autodesk updated Revit software to run in Windows 8.1?  I have had no luck installing on a new computer that has Windows 8.1.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jason_S
in reply to: precisioncadhead

As with Windows 8 you have to install .NET Framework (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) before you can install Revit.

Go to Control Panel --> Click on Uninstall or Change a program --> on the left click on Turn Windows features on or off.

A window will open check the box to the left of .NET Framework (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) then click OK

This will install these features which will allow you to install Revit 2014, 2013 and 2012.  i have not tried to go any lower than 2012 for Revit.

Been using Windows 8.1 since its release without issue.

Please remember to install all the updates for Revit.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 3 of 4
abbyp
in reply to: Jason_S

I've gotten a successful install message from Revit but when I go to my programs it's not there. I tried adding the .NET as above, but now it's saying that Revit is already installed. It's not showing up as a program or in the interface under apps. 

Message 4 of 4
Jason_S
in reply to: abbyp

You will have to uninstall Revit and then install it again. If it gives you a hard time uninstalling you might have to follow the Microsoft Fix here.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/

Hope this helps you out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report