Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit & Windows 8.1

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tonkata
4788 Views, 6 Replies

Revit & Windows 8.1

Is anyone successfully running Revit 2014 on Windows 8.1 or 8.1 Pro, on 15" Retnia MacBook Pro running Bootcamp?

I attempted installing it a few days ago, but firstly kept getting some crazy "Windows Communication Error", and after i maraculously got it loaded and ran Revit, the bottom right menu would flicker lick crazy.

I was totally dumbfounded by the whole experience!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
zgordon643
in reply to: tonkata

I just downloaded VM fusion which is another parallel and I loaded windows 8.1 on my Mac 15" and when I went to download revit I am getting a connection timeout to the Autodesk download loaction.

Any help is appreciated I need to get this up and running I have Class deadlines to meet this week.

Message 3 of 7
tonkata
in reply to: zgordon643

Same problem here zgordon643, I ended up just going back to Windows 7 Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
christian.storay

This has to be some sort of driver issue. I'm running it on Windows 8.1, but not with that hardware. And I don't imagine Apple is too worried about edge cases like ours to fix whatever is going on with those drivers and their hardware.

Message 5 of 7

It is not a driver problem as a student I get a revit version one behind the professional version which is now up to version 13 but the student edition must be version 12 which came out before the windows 8.1 update
Message 6 of 7
sam.deroo.t5125

Apparently there is hope. If you shut down your weak video card (Intel hd 4000) the program seems to start up as normal, because of the fact that it can only work on the good video card. Don't ask me why it does this, my teacher came with this solution. 

The negative side is, that your computer will use more energy, so when you're done using your program you should turn the weak card back on so the pc can choose again by itself.

Message 7 of 7

How do I shut down my weak video card?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report