Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 8.1 Network Installer Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jwolfer
125 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 8.1 Network Installer Problem

Greetings,

I am rolling Revit 8.1 out to a few users via a network install.

The problem I am facing is that after the installation (done under administrator profile on Windows XP Pro PC's), when the user logs on, they do NOT see the start menu shortcuts for 8.1

Turns out that 2 problems seem to be creeping up.

1. The security permissions on the Docs and Settings/Autodesk/Autodesk Revit Building Systems 8.1 folder are for admin only, so I need to manually add access for the domain users.

2. On a couple PC's the short cuts have actually be placed in the Admin Start Menu folder, rather than All Users.

What is going on with this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kestrelcadd
in reply to: jwolfer

I have the same problem. I am re-creating the deployment with the . (period) removed from the file paths, as in "Revit Building 8.1" Maybe that's where the installer fails?

I am surprised that there are not more complaints about this issue.

If anyone can shed any light on this, it would be appreciated. Is Autodesk listening? If so, maybe they have some suggestions?

Bruce
Message 3 of 4
jwolfer

Just to update you. I still do not have a fix for this. I have tried to recreate the installer and whatnot, to no avail.

If you find a fix.. please let me know 🙂
Message 4 of 4
kestrelcadd

Changing the install path did nothing.

I didn't find anything useful in the Network group, either.

This is very frustrating.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report