Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit - 3D PDF's?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1765 Views, 5 Replies

Revit - 3D PDF's?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Revit is able to produce a 3D PDF (U3D file) so that we do not need to have our clients install a viewer to view a small 3D model?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

You know - I had this situation but unfortunately I was not able to produce it right from Revit - I had to use their competitor Bentleys plug-in to publish an I-model, which then opens up in Bentley View V81. From there you can publish to a 3d PDF.

Here is a link for the plug-in: http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Promo/Revit/i-model.htm

as much as I don't want put put a competitor up here - this was the only way I found to do it.

I have added some images below to help.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: LisaDrago

not out of the box

you would have to go a 3rd party plug in for revit if there is one or go to another product entirely and export it out of there

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
MichaelSchell8453

Message 5 of 6
rosskirby

You can also export a 3D view from Revit to a 3D DWF.  It's better than a PDF in that it retains the information assigned to objects in the model, but since most people don't have Design Review (free download, free install), it's not as widely accepted.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I much better solution that I have found is a plugin by tetra4D. It’s freaking cool. I get a nice toolbar in Revit and it exports my colors and material very nice. Here’s a direct link to try it out.  

JG

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report