Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
steveandrews1065
375 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2015

So I download the trial for Revit 2015 and there are no libraries for floors or walls or any other elements. I google the problem and Revi replies that there is a problem with the system where you have to reload parts of the files but to understand the solution you have to be an expert in software which I am not. Oh yeah, I'm an expert in design, sorry. So I just wonder why revit sens out downloads which they know are defective and then expect you as the customer to fix them?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

SteveAndrews.

I am NOT an Autodesk Employee or have anything to do with Autodesk (except use their software for many years)

I take issue with your statement that Autodesk sends out Revit updates which they know are defective and then expect the customer to fix them.

Software is a work in progress.

Get over it or go back to a pencil.

Message 3 of 6

AND...the content is a separate download.

You figure it out.

Everybody else has.

Message 4 of 6

Steve, 

Please see the following:

"Revit 2015: Templates and families not installed"

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

The content library was given a separate installer because sometimes during downloads there could be network interruptions that could cause some content such as the libraries to not be installed so we made that content a separate installation, this is not a defect, this was designed so that you wouldn't get a corrupted installation if you had a network error. 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 6

Steve, 

Could you please accept my last response as the solution. 

Thanks, 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 6 of 6

Yeah I figured it out "like everone else" because I deleted the software
and downloaded it a second time. It would have been nice if it had worked
the first time after a a 2 hr plus download.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report