Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2015

43 REPLIES 43
SOLVED
Message 1 of 44
03078169wd
24154 Views, 43 Replies

REVIT 2015

When a new version?

43 REPLIES 43
Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: 03078169wd

I fully agree with tdh.  It is kind of like being a kid on Christmas morning, waking up to find that Santa has brought you a new pair of socks.  Sure you may use them, but given the chose you would have taken about anything else. 

Maybe the reason for the lacking new features is they spent time trying to fix existing stability issues.  It wouldn’t look good if one of the new features listed was “Revit crashes 50% less now.”  Hey a kid can always hope for a hidden presnt stuck behind the tree, right...?

If anyone at Autodesk is listening FIX THE TEXT EDITOR.  When you read posts about people importing text from AutoCAD just to get it to format correctly you know it is less than worthless.

Message 22 of 44
leshkens
in reply to: russ.green

It must be a joke of Autodesk! In a few days they will show us new revolutionary (ok - just at least well working) features of stairs, railings, roofs, site works etc!

For example a new feature in AutoCAD 2015 “You can now fillet polyline arc segments.” it took them almost 20 years to make but finally we have it!

It’s quite optimistic that our grandchildren will  have new enhancements in Revit too!

Message 23 of 44
smbrennan
in reply to: leshkens

I agree while the Electrical Industry is screaming mercy, they're worried about sketchy lines. But, I think there's more than they've released so far.  Read this thread that I started looking for something I read on a blog about 2015:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-API/Revit-2015-API-Enhancements/m-p/4921218

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 24 of 44
sburca
in reply to: smbrennan

So to respond in the appropriate area...

Really? That's all the improvements in 2015? You've got to be joking. Forget Christmas socks, I call these improvements more of... a painting - you can replace the one you have, but it might not be worth the hassle.

But seriously, not even one solid improvement? The site tools are the pits (I'm glad most of our projects have been on flat sites, but that won't be true for much longer), renderings or interfacing with 3d Max is not much better, same with text, etc., etc., and the improved list starts off with "sketchy lines"? I really do hope that this is an Apri Fools joke. If not, can I just skip this version (with the appropriate credit in subscription pricing)?

And I'm as serious as can be. I don't mean to be rude or inconsiderate, but... The fruits of a monopoly - lack of need to really compete in the marketplace.

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous

It appears that the Christmas picture may just want to stay in the box you received it in.  I found this blog about the new sketchy lines features noting that it is anything but refined.  Maybe more hassle than what it is worth even to get it to look good.  Looks like Autodesk got caught looking for something to convince us our subscription was worth the cost and gave us a half-baked feature.  It probably could have used a couple more years in development before they added it to the list of features (like so many others).

http://revitcat.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/new-sketchy-lines-in-revit-2015.html

Message 26 of 44

I've tried signing up for a REVIT beta tester many times. Was never contacted and gave up trying a few years ago. 

Message 27 of 44

This is why subscription pricing just drives me insane. I have to pay for this!?

I haven't used the new version either (I can just hear all the fan-boys already, "so why are you criticizing"), but when you read the feature list and all you see that is really "new" is sketchy lines, you really start to wonder. 

Why do I keep paying this ransom every year? They know why. Because I really don't have any other choice do I? We've already invested thousands of dollars on Revit over the years and it would be silly to throw all that away.

So, AutoDesk can rest comforatably and put out these weak releases, laughing all the way to the bank.

I absolutely can guarantee you that many, many firms would not be upgrading this year, if not for the subscription model. We wouldn't.

Oh yes, if you need a good laugh, read AUGI's 1st paragraph in their wishlist section (my favorite part is in bold):

AUGI has given it's members the opportunity to dream for many years.  The concept of a wish list is a channel to tell Autodesk what they need to add, fix, enhance, or remove, to any given program. AUGI has two primary missions, one is to allow for peer to peer support. The other is a unified voice back to Autodesk to improve the products we love to use. By participating in the Wish List System (WLS), your ideas, combined with the voting of your fellow members, is helping all of us achieve our goal of enhancing the productive, creative and efficient software tools provided by Autodesk.

Yeah right! 

Well, gotta go. Time to upgrade.

Message 28 of 44
schoudhu

I tried downloading revit 2015 but the product key 829G1 doesn't work. what do I do? 

Message 29 of 44
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: schoudhu

Hi Saif,

Indeed the Product Key for Autodesk Revit 2015 is 829G1. What was the error message when you entered the Product Key? Where were you trying to download the Product? Do you have a Commercial License or a Student License?

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 30 of 44
g_bardales

Hi,

Does anyone knows if Revit 2015 has the omniclass numbers up to date?

Unlike Revit 2014...

Message 31 of 44
schoudhu
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hey Joanne, 

Well I am currently a student and I was attempting to download Revit 2015 as a Student. There wasn't really an error message. It just wouldn't simply accept the product key. A red cross would appear as if I was typing out a wrong product key. 

Message 32 of 44
jessica.t

Hi @schoudhu,

This may sound silly, but have you tried typing in your product key instead of copying and pasting it? That often tends to resolve the isue.

Do you have any other Autodesk products installed on your machine? Sometimes old licensing gets pulled it.

Can you confirm that you are most definitely using Autodesk Revit 2015 and not, for example, Revit Architecture 2015 or Revit 2014? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 33 of 44
schoudhu
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi jessica,

Yeah I have tried that too. I will try again and screenshot the message too
if I can.

Thank you for your time,

-Saif
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous

I am unable to sign into the website (or even navigate it for that matter) for some reason. I would like to unsubscribe to this forum since it for some reason has changed from a gripe session about the new features in Revit 2015 to a How do I install Revit. I don't care how you figure out to install Revit, mine is already up and running.

So my question is, how do you unsubscribe to forum email notifications if you can't log into the Autodesk website?

Darin Blair AIA | LEED | Architect
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Carlson West Povondra ARCHITECTS
402.551.1500 | www.cwparchitects.com
Message 35 of 44
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are able to post to this thread, you must be signed into the Discussion Groups.  To unsubscribe to a thread, use the Options pulldown at the upper right corner of any post in the thread, and choose Unsubscribe from the menu.  See attached image.  If the menu only offers Subscribe as an option, then you are not subscribed.

One note:  If AddThis.com is blocked on the computer/network from which you are accessing the Discussion Groups, then the Options menu may not work.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

You would think I would have to be signed in but as my post suggested, I am getting email notification every time someone posts to this thread. I didn’t know until your response but the little “Reply” link at the bottom of the email posts my response right to the thread.

Here is the error report I get from the website when I try to access it.

An Unexpected Error has occurred.

• Your request failed. We recommend you open a Lithium Support Case and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 165F5DB1.

Not really sure how I would even go about opening a Lithium Support case.

Well it turns out today that if I hit refress about 10 times after the error message it will sign you in automatically (as I didn't even get to the sign in screen yet this morning).

So I came to the thread and pulled down the options menu and guess what, I can subscribe to it but cannot unsubscribe.  Hmmmm. 

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous

Oh and I guess a follow up would be if I am not subscribed how do I stop getting email notifications when someone posts to this thread?

Message 38 of 44
smbrennan

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh and I guess a follow up would be if I am not subscribed how do I stop getting email notifications when someone posts to this thread?

Haha, I just came to the thread to do the same exact thing.

At the top left of any page within this thread, click on Topic Options. There's an unsubscribe there. It only applies to this thread.

Image 1.jpg

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: smbrennan

Thanks Shawn (not sure if you will get this though if you have already unsubsribed)

Message 40 of 44
David_W_Koch

If you were signed in, at the very top of the web page, in the upper right corner to the right of your user name is a link to Preferences.  On the Subscription & Notifications tab, under the Notifications header, you may want to uncheck Automatically subscribe me to all topics I participate in, if you generally prefer not to get notifications and are willing to manually subscribe to any threads for which you do want notifications.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report