Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Windows 8.1 and Intel Iris Graphics

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2705 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2015 Windows 8.1 and Intel Iris Graphics

Hi, I just recently purchased a Macbool Pro w/ retina display (mid 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics, I used bootcamp to install windows 8.1 and then dowloaded Revit 2015.

Revit is very flymsy, the size of the the graphics don't match, the banner tool doesn't show up unless I move my mouse over it and it freezes everytime I try to close something. Also my mouse will work on a view and then it won't work on another.

I was told that my video cards (Intel Iris) cannot support revit and that is why it is giving problems.

I have tried to read in different forums but all they mention is having Intel Iris Pro.

Is there anything I can do to solve this or will I have to return my mac?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BIMgirl
in reply to: Anonymous

It should work perfectly even with Intel Iris, I assume there must be something wrong with your settings, especially the Retina Display settings are often tricky.

Did you check this out? http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Revit-User-interface-flic...

Cheers, Lejla

Lejla Secerbegovic - Architect and Revit Expert
http://bim-me-up.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BIMgirl

Thank you for your quick response!

Since Iris is pretty recently there really isn't a lot of info about how it would work with revit. I did change the settings like you said and it help... Revit began to work! But in the end I decided to return the computer since I shall be taking it abroad and will have to work solely on revit... not any other sofware so i guess I did not wanted to take any chances.

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report