Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 "Central Model has been moved" no more local files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
560 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2015 "Central Model has been moved" no more local files

Hey Community,

I'm on a university design team and have been working with Revit for about 2 years. We recently switched from 2012 to 2014 and that was great, worked amazingly, but then someone accidentally opened the model in Revit 2015 and now whenever you try to access the file you have to create a new central file and save the project to that instead of creating several local files (that option is grayed out and the only other option is to Detach from Central, but I don't think we want to do that). So now only one person can work on the file at a time, otherwise it won't save except for the last person to open it. Any ideas?

Thank you,

MJ

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rodrigo.bezerra
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you sure that you saved the R15 file as a Central File? Do you still have worksets in your model?

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Try opening the file with 'Detach from Central' checked.  

*Edit* when the warning dialogue comes up select 'Detach and preserve worksets'  *Edit*

Then save the file again (use a new file name if you don't want to overwrite your initial file) - when the file dialogue comes up, click on 'Options' and make sure 'make this file Central after save' is checked.  

Close the file.

Open the file again, now 'Create New Local' should be checked.

So long as you can still open the central file in 2014 you should be fine.

K.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
Message 4 of 5

Keith, as he said, someone accidentaly saved to the 2015 version. But I believe your instructions still work, right? I don't know if there is any updates for worksharing.

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

yes, the process still works in 2015.  I just wasn't clear from the original post if the person who had opened it in 2015 had sync'd back to central.  Like I say though it makes no odds to the process.  Once the Central file has been recreated everything including worksharing should be fine.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report