Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2015 geographic location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1082 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT 2015 geographic location

I would like to visualize the project geolocation within a satellite view and enable that view into a layer and for whatever reason I cannot do that.

I am using Manage tabProject Location panel Location.

Autodesk help is mentioning that the service is provided by Google maps. I can see Bing maps ( only the vector not the satellite ) only. There are no other options available.

Also Autodesk help mentioned some features I cannot find. There are not in the "Project Location"- Example:

Use the following tools to adjust the map as needed.

Tools

• Pan. When you place the cursor over the map, the cursor changes to a hand, and you can drag the map to pan the view. You can also use these controls: (Pan up), (Pan down), (Pan left), and (Pan right).
  • Zoom. Click (Zoom in) or (Zoom out), or drag the zoom slider to adjust the zoom level.
  • Return to last result. Click if you have adjusted the map and want to restore the last search result.
  • Map views. Click a map view to select it:
    • Map. Shows street map.
    • Satellite. Shows satellite imagery.
    • Hybrid. Shows street map superimposed on satellite imagery.
    • Terrain. Default view. Shows street map superimposed on topographical map.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maciejwypych
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Autodesk changed the Internet mapping service to Bing with version 2014.
Settings in the Manage tab>Project Location> panel Location are responsible for positioning your project for Energy analysis and shadow studies and it won't help you with creating a satellite/aerial image underlay for the project.
To get your underlay you'll need to use CADtoEarth addin from https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/List/Search?searchboxstore=RVT&facet=&collection=&sort=dat...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report