Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Demolition objjects not viewing dashed on demolition plan

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kat
Participant
11448 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2015 Demolition objjects not viewing dashed on demolition plan

I can't figure out why my demo walls and doors are not showing up dashed.

I have tried both "none" and "existing" in the properties at "phased demolished" and nothing.

Any one have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong?

thanks

Kat

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kat

What are the current View's Phase settings? Specifically, Phase and Phase Filter. Your demo'd elements wont be shown as dashed unless they are both considered demo in the current View's Phase (Phase Demolished of the element = View's Phase) and that the View Filter is set so that it overrides the elements' Line Patterns with the dashed line (i.e., the default Phase Filters "Show Previous + Demo").

If the Current View's Settings are indeed correct, then we'll definitely need more info, for instance if there are any View Filters or posting an image of your Phase Graphics Override settings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
kat
Participant
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Currently I only have the "out of the box" New and Existing, I am new at this so if you have any suggestions or links to a video that might help with "phasing settings" I would appreciate it.

thanks for your reply

Kat

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kat

By your image, the problem is that the existing elements are set to be both create AND demolished in the Existing Phase. In the Revit workflow, the Existing Phase represents the build in it's current state at that point in time. When an element is designated as both created and demolished in the same Phase, it is designated as Temporary, not as Demolished. In order to properly illustrate Demolished elements, their Phase Demolished should be set to "New Construction", and then View's Phase parameters set to "Phase: New Construction" and "Phase Filter: Show Previous + New".

In Revit, the "New Construction" Phase represents ALL of the work being done in the Construction Phase - not just the new work (the name is a little deceptive). The Phase Filter controls what elements are displayed based on their Phase, so the Filter "Show Previous + New" would show a "new work" plan and automatically hide Demolished items.

There are a ton of YouTube videos that can help explain things - just search for "Revit Phases". >>Here<< is one such video.

Also: Revit Help: Phasing

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
kat
Participant
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thank you CADastrophe!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report