Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Crashes at Startup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Andrew-Adams
4484 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2015 Crashes at Startup

Hi,

I have just installed Revit and activated a trial licence because I want to test the software before I buy it. Everything installed fine, but now when I try to open Revit it just closes everything down after a couple of seconds. I can't even create a file or open a file!

I have opened the program as an administrator and nothing changes. I have uninstalled and re-installed and nothing has changed. My copy of 3DS Max works fine, no problem. I have tried to open Revit in Safe Mode and it still does not open.

How do I get it to work?! I don't want to waste my 30 days getting the thing to open, then have no time to test the software, and even worse, actually buy the software and find out I can never use it!!

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 16Gb RAM, 2x nVidea GTX780 Graphics Cards and a Intel Xeon 2,7Ghz Processor. I have deactivated all firewalls and virus protectors also, just incase.

PLEASE can somebody help!! I tried to see if there is a way to phone support or something but there is no way to talk to anybody and this software is NOT cheap! I really don't want to waste my money!! PLEASE PLEASE help! I am so stuck!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pmueller
in reply to: Andrew-Adams

Message 3 of 4
MattD
in reply to: pmueller

Additionally, did you have your anti-virus software disabled when you installed? That is absolutely critical these days with Autodesk software.

Is there a journal file created? You can find the journals at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2015\Journals (Note - you have to have the display of hidden files and folders turned on in Windows Explorer). If there is a journal file, open it in Notepad and scan the last few lines - that may provide a  clue as to what's going on as well.

MattD@...(NNTP handle: Matt Dillon)
You may recognize me from the
thousands of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10+ years
as Matt Dillon

Message 4 of 4
AndrewOsborn2857
in reply to: MattD

Not really a fix but the only way I've found to get past the software bombing out is to select "Continue Trial" as soon as it appears on the splash screen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report