Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 Boot Camp, Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wjg0004
440 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2015 Boot Camp, Issues

I bought Windows 8.1 and downloaded it onto my 15" Macbook Pro. My laptop exceeds the specs. required for the Windows 8.1 operating system and Revit. I partitioned 120g for the Windows drive. 

Once I download Revit and open my file to work Revit runs very slowly (inoperably slow). The tool bars do not appear until I hover over them or move the display. if I switch between floor plans the plans disappear. The whole program lags to any input. 

I am in the middle of my final exam period and could really use some help so I can work over the Thanksgiving break. If you have ever experienced or know a solution for these issues I would be more then grateful. 

Thank you for your time and help. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jgthuynh
in reply to: wjg0004

I am having the same issues. I have a newly installed Windows 8 running on bootcamp of my 15" Macbook Pro and I've also just installed Revit 2014 for a BIM class I'm taking, but the use of the program lags so much that I can't even use it to learn and do simple commands or exercises. I have turned off "Use Hardware Acceleration (Direct 3D)" but it has not improved the performance of the program at all. I have a 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M' video card and the rest of mac specs exceed the software requirements. It's a fairly new computer.  If there is a solution, please help. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report