Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2015 - An unrecoverable error has occurred

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
dgt.mantis
17020 Views, 25 Replies

REVIT 2015 - An unrecoverable error has occurred

We can open a local file fine.  The file opens correctly and we are able to navigate within it just fine.  However, whenever we select a family, move anything or even attempt to save the local file it gives the following error:

"An unrecoverable error has occurred.  The program will now be terminated.  All of your data has been recently saved, so there is no need to create recovery files."

I have updated Revit to the Update 3.  Yet, everytime I send an error report after the crash, I get an e-mail to install Update 3.

Any thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
scott.a.green
in reply to: dgt.mantis

I would need to check out the file and journals, you stated that this behavior occurs when selecting a family or when saving as a local file correct? There could be some kind of family corruption. I will send you a link to our FTP site and I would like you to forward me those files. 

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 26
dgt.mantis
in reply to: scott.a.green

We have resolved our issue by a workaround.

I had to open the central file with detach from central.  Once opened I saved it, closed it and then opened the file with the the Audit option checked.  Once the new file was audited, I enabled worksharing again and saved the file as a new central file.  Once completed I archived the old central file and allowed the users to work on the new central file.

Message 4 of 26
scott.a.green

Excellent, should the behavior in this project return, please let me know!

Public Facing Job Title
Message 5 of 26
jessica

We are having the same problem on a couple of our workstations. We've tried auditing the central file, going through and resolving individual errors, and detaching and recreating a new central file. The problem persists. We can open our central file, saving it locally, and navigate through the model making changes with no problem. When we go to save however, we get the error ("an unrecoverable error has occurred..."). When we detached from central it seemed like we were in the clear to create a new central file, however as soon as we tried to activate worksets to save as a new central we received the same error. Is there any way that you could look at our file? We've visited every forum we could find, trying what felt like everything, with no solution. 

Message 6 of 26
jkrue1956

I am using Revit LT 2014 & 2015. I am trying to find a way Audit the file I am having problems with, but there is no "Audit" selection on the Open File dialog box as the Revit LT help states. Please see my attached screenshot.

I have uploaded copies of my rvt files to your ftp site with a Case number assigned, but have not heard back from anyone in a couple of days and have a deadline on Monday that I will obviously miss. Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 26
damo3
in reply to: jessica

We recently had this problem in our office. All of a sudden, when synchronising, users were experiencing revit crashing. We seem to fluke finding out what the problem was when another user in the project had the same crashing, but they were in a family. We discovered the family had nested components that were corrupt. When we fixed the family and removed the corrupt families, the central file seems to be fine again. Haven't had any crashes since. 

I imagine you would have to send the file to Autodesk to identify if a family is corrupt, and which one, as we appeared to have chanced it. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 8 of 26
jmunkatchy

Dear t-grees,

I am having the exact same issue with a Revit 2015 file as described in this post.  I have exhuated my BIM expert resources within my company and need to really understand why this problem is happening?  This is happening on a relatively small job, but if it were to occur on a larger project we would encouter huge productivity loss.  I am able to restore each time but after a few days of modeling and worksharing it crashes again.

The file is attached, however I'm not really sure who to call at Autodesk?  Can I speak with you?  Should I take this problem to our reseller first?  What is the appropriate protocal for such things.

Message 9 of 26
scott.a.green
in reply to: jmunkatchy

Hello jmunkatchy,

If the issue is the same as the OP, I would suggest following his workaround instructions and detaching from central and open with audit both checked.

If that does not work then you would want to recover from a backup.

You can contact us depending on your support entitlement. If you have Basic or Advanced entitlement then you should open a new support request with us, if you have Advanced then you would be able to call us as well. For an overview of our support offerings I would check here:

Autodesk Support Offerings:

http://www.autodesk.com/support-offerings/overview

It may help if you posted some journal files for the community to review. The error "An unrecoverable error has occurred" is a generic error and can be caused a few actions such as saving or opening a Revit project or family file, or on startup. I would also check the article below for further causes and solutions, our Knowledge Network has many searchable articles regarding various errors in Revit:

Unrecoverable Error:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-An-unrecoverable-er...

Public Facing Job Title
Message 10 of 26
taituxd

When i pick on Audit. I can save central file again. But when another guys create local file. They synchnonize again and that error shown again.
Message 11 of 26
bapito

this solution did not work for me (same problem) every time I attempt to save any file associated with it, i get the crash

Message 12 of 26
taituxd
in reply to: bapito

You should download the update release file and update your Revit. It will
work.

Have fun ! 🙂
--

Trần Đức Anh.
Message 13 of 26
nghminh81
in reply to: taituxd

Thanks Taituxd, Your suggestion update Revit works for me!!!

Message 14 of 26
anthonyc
in reply to: nghminh81

Were having the same issue , have updated to release 7 but still have the same issue also gettting an error file contain incorrect schema !

Help have lost 3 hours of work so far today.

Message 15 of 26
ennujozlagam
in reply to: anthonyc

Hi, have you check all the users connected to central have the same build (please see attached). thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 16 of 26
lukem35

I am getting this error which crashes revit. Seems to occur ever time we try and audit the file.

Message 17 of 26
ennujozlagam
in reply to: lukem35

hi, try to relinguish and detach every users. audit and create a new central file. and see how it goes. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 18 of 26
dgt.mantis
in reply to: lukem35

lukem,

Follow the directions I gave up thread:

1. I had to open the central file with detach from central. 
  2. Once opened I saved it, closed it and then opened the file with the the Audit option checked. 
  3. Once the new file was audited, I enabled worksharing again and saved the file as a new central file. 
  4. Once completed I archived the old central file and allowed the users to work on the new central file.

Hope this helps!

Message 19 of 26

i tried tht method its not working ......... again and again error coming

Message 20 of 26
steve

Hello,

Having a similar issue in Revit 2015 LT. Model crashes when ever attempting to modify inserted families of anykind, stair railings, flipping doors, etc. Model has become almost unsueable. Crunching on a dead line, anyone have a fix for Revit LT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report