Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
308 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014

I seem to be having issues when trying to load a beam family. It will tell me that the path is not available. I go to save to reopen the program, this seems to fix that problem. When saving after loading a beam family, it gives me the fatal error and the oppurtunity to save a recovery file. I go to reopen and Revit did not save the recovery file like it normally does. Im not sure if anyone else is having these issues. Does anyone have any ideas.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a beam family from a previous version?  As some of the parameters from previous versions don't work anymore.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/community/videos/005_Structural_Modeling/Upgrading_Steel_Fram...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

No, it doesnt do it everytime I load a beam family. Its every so often. It was also started in 2014, so we didnt upgrade anything. Everyone at our company is having issues when saving. Revit is crashing very often when just saving. The worst part about it is that it doesnt save a recovery file even though the option is given.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I'm very late to this discussion but thought I would still chime in.

We have encountered an issue with Revit families (w/ nested families), that were created in a previous version, not loading into a project file in Revit 2014 and displaying the following error message ( Revit2014FamilyLoadError.png ). The family will work fine in previous versions but not in 2014. What I have found as a quick fix is to save the nested file(s) in 2014, reload into host/parent family and then save it in 2014 - will load perfectly into 2014 project file without any errors. With that said, there lies a huge problem for companies that have a large Revit content (with nested families) library created prior to release 2014. I have not installed 2015 yet to see if the issue still exists but there's a good chance it will. If myself and a few other Revit users are doing something wrong, please provide corrective feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report