Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2014 Window sFamily

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ennujozlagam
988 Views, 1 Reply

REVIT 2014 Window sFamily

Hello Guys,

Maybe you can help me with this i created a window family but when i load to my projects     the otherside of window is  covered by wall . Why is not automatic created a opening. i tried extrusion void but still the same. Could be my procedure is wrong.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MKEllis
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi,

Corner windows can be a real pain - but they are possible.

The main problem, is that you don't appear to have a void extrusion set up for the return part of the window. The main window opening part is defined in your model with an 'Opening Cut'. Revit doesn't like combining Opening Cuts and Void Extrusions to cut the host wall - it's either/or (AFAIK it won't let you). You have a void extrusion in the model, but it is linked in with the window frame part of the return, and is not cutting the host wall (it is also too low).

I would delete the 'opening cut' and form a void extrusion that includes both legs of the 'L' - align it with the various reference planes - then use it to cut the host wall.

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report