Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 - Very little families installed compared to Revit Architecture 2009

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
PRSS
442 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 - Very little families installed compared to Revit Architecture 2009

Hello everybody

I have done Google search as well as searched in this forum for the right answer & I could not find one. hence I am posting this.

I am in the process of moving to BIM from plain CAD. (still struggling). I bought Building Design Suite Premium 2013 and subscribed to 2014 also. I am witholding my subscription this year pending to see if I could successfully implement BIM.

Whn I installed 2013, I could find only generic families & content - like doors, windows, furniture, appliances etc. though I made a FULL install selecting all the countries listed.

Same happened with Revit 2014 also. I find families which have only generic libraries - but I had seen tons of library content and huge families with all kinds of components, appliances, furniture, etc in Revit Architecture 2009 - in those days.

I asked my vendor also on this and I even wrote to Autodesk people in my region - they say whatever are installed now in Revit 2014 as families - are quite correct and there are no more available from the FULL installation also.

Right now I am taking an intensive course organised by Autodesk themselves - a one to one crash course in Revit - through their authorized training center. Here also - in the training center - I find their Revit 2015 has only these generic libraries. Not the kind I have seen in Revit Architecture 2009 - a complete full library - with hundreds of families and templates. I find that even the templates are limited from what I had seen in Revit Architecture 2009.

Did Autodesk remove these families / libraries from Revit because they are available elsewhere from the manufacturers websites / free BIM objects web sites like RevitCity etc. ?

OR Have i not installed it correctly?

Thanks in advance

PRSS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: PRSS

hi, you can check this link, might help you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/libraries-families-not-loaded-when-newly-installed/...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
arief.rahman
in reply to: PRSS

Hi,

Regarding Revit 2015 family contents, please refer to this following article :

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Regards,

Arief Rahman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report