Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 update service pack 2 won't install on other than C drive?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kczege
950 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014 update service pack 2 won't install on other than C drive?

When I try to install Revit 14 service pack 2 i get an error that says: "The update release could not be installed because the expected AutoDesk product could not be located on your computer. make sure that you are using the correct update release for the product".

I double checked and my existing version has service pack 1 installed.

I have tried to install both the 32 and the 64 bit version, just in case that was the problem.

Here are some other facts about my original install: 

1. I am using the education version to teach Revit.

2. (per many other blogs and many hours of research confirming this is ok to do) I installed the program on my external hard drive, that uses the letter E.

My hunch is that the installer automatically looks for drive C. If this is the case, I am highly disappointed in the installer and the product, as there is NO INTERFACE where the drive location could be specified. (people - and here I mean AutoDesk programmers -  really have to start thinking outside the box... there are still users out there who like to have the ability to make decisions about hardware and data locations...)

... Before I jump to these conclusions I will wait to see if someone can explain the error.

I would really like to show my students how to use the daylighting tool I read about in AutoDesk Labs.

Waiting for a MUCH appreciated hint or answer.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: kczege

which revit are you running there are 5 different ones each with its own update

Direct links:

Revit 2014 Update Release 2

Revit Architecture 2014 Update Release 2

Revit Structure 2014 Update Release 2

Revit MEP 2014 Update Release 2

Revit LT 2014 Update Release 2

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
kczege
in reply to: DarrenP

Revit Architecture 2014
(I thought this was the Revit Architecture only blog)
Message 4 of 4
kczege
in reply to: kczege

that was a great question! I in fact did NOT have revit architecture. I had installed revit suite. I downloaded the suite update and that found my program.
All faith restored. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report