Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2014 startup crash in windows 8.1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
5104 Views, 7 Replies

revit 2014 startup crash in windows 8.1

After upgrading windows 8 to windows 8.1 my Revit architecture 2014 stopped working knowing that it worked perfectly on windows 8

Now im faceing a Revit Startup crash, tried restarting my laptop, uninstaling and reinstaling it but it keep on doing the same thing. 

Thanks for your Support,

Amir Nagy
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
derxaj
in reply to: 131981

I had a simliar problem and it turned out to be an issue with permissions.  Certain folders containing critical startup files did not have the right permissions for my account.  I tracked down the folders using Microsoft Process Monitor that can be downloaded from here if you do not already have it.  Before doing that, start off by right clicking on Revit and try to Run as administrator, if Revit starts normally than you know it is a permissions issue. After that you can use Process Monitor you can determine which files failed to open when starting Revit and then manually change the permission settings for the folders containing the files.  There might be multiple files and folders that will need to have permissions changed.  Hope this helps! 

Message 3 of 8
rpeoples2

I also had the problem of upgrading from Windows 8 to windows 8.1 and revit would not start up at all. It would flash the start up screen and thats it. after several frustrating days of trying several sugestions I restored my computer back to Windows 8 and reinstalled Revit 2014 LT. I will not install Windows 8.1 till there is an offical patch from autodesk that will work with Windows 8.1.

Message 4 of 8
velizjoseph

revit 2014 crashes instantly when it is opened and without a notice....I have updated to windows 8.1. The rest of my Autodesk downloads owrk perfectly fine

need help ASAP

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: velizjoseph

Windows 8 only: Win8.1, if the tip way above (see post #2 in this thread)did not fix it for you, will be supported only in REVIT 2015.
Message 6 of 8
derxaj
in reply to: pendean

Have you tried earlier suggestion about using Windows Process Monitor to determine what is causing the software to crash?

Message 7 of 8
rpeoples2
in reply to: derxaj

I tried the suggestions when I had the problem. I will not reinstall windows 8.1 until there is an official patch from auto desk. I am not going to spend all that time saving and reinstalling everything to try a new suggestion. Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone
Message 8 of 8
Akane_0108
in reply to: derxaj

I have the same problem with this, my revit architecture 2014 working find with window 8, but one day window update to 8.1 and I'm in big big trouble. At the 1st time, i'm so confuse and do anything I search on Internet like install Hotfix, update release pack 2, but Revit Architecture still not working and I feel like it became worst day by day.

I wonder if i can do like you said, run Process Monitor and everything will be okay? one more thing, if I run it, and "manually change the permission settings for the folders containing the file" like you said, what permission do I have to change? Admin? Full permission? I haven't use this program before, I read "how to use Process Monitor" and run it for an example, I saw a huge long list appear, that scared me so much, and I dont know what to do next. Please help me fix it. 

Do I need to uninstall Hotfix? after i install and run it, when I open Revit architecture 2014, it appear like this:

revit starup.png

And when I install Revit Architecture update pack 2, there still have problem, some file missing, i can not find where the find is!

RAC2014.png

Please help me! 

Thanks a lot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report