Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Shader Model 5.0

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
IbrahimNayir
1210 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014 Shader Model 5.0

Hello, I need a laptop for school in order to run Revit 2014. So I have read the system requirements and I will need a graphics card with Shader Model 3.0 (or up???). So I found a laptop (not bought yet though), but the graphics card has a Shader Model 5.0, I wonder if I will stil be able to run Autodesk Revit 2014 even with this version Shader Model. If someone can confirm this for me, I would very much apreciate it.

And yes, I have seen the recommended graphics card by Autodesk, the problem is a laptop with one of those graphics cards is just way to expensive for me so I try to find an alternative.

In case you wonder what laptop it is; it's a Lenovo Ideapad Y50 with a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M graphics card.

Thank you for your time, and excuse my English.

Ibrahim.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Yes, it is SM 3.0 and up.

Note however that the GTX 880M is not a tested (or certified) graphics card and we cannot guarantee the functionality  - but it will probably run Revit fine....

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 4

when will the GTX 860M NVIDIA will be ready for revit 2014?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

It should work fine. We have not had any reports that there is an issue with this graphics.

But do note that it is not a tested or certified card.

For Revit, we are only doing testing and certification of workstation class graphics (Nvidia Quadro and AMD FirePro). But just because the graphics is not tested or certified, does not mean that it is not working.......

http://www.autodesk.com/hardware

Regards

Lars-Ake Johansson
Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report