Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 service pack ?!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
sallyaltahan
3454 Views, 16 Replies

Revit 2014 service pack ?!

When will the service pack for revit 2014 release? It was expected in the beginning of June and now we are in July 😞

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
archmark
in reply to: sallyaltahan

A service pack required already for the just released Revit 2014? And this is Autodesk's 'flagship' modeling program? Excuse me while I hurl...

Message 3 of 17
Hugh_Compton
in reply to: archmark

I just checked and there isn't a service pack available at the moment.  There is one available for 3DS Max / Design 2014. 

Archmark - not sure what you mean, why would you be throwing up??

Message 4 of 17
archmark

Autodesk's yearly releases of software with 'new and improved' features, before the problems with previous year's versions are ever corrected, MAKES ME SICK!!!

They KNOW there are bugs in the programs the day they are released, necessitating the release of 'service packs' shortly thereafter.

Ridiculous...

Message 5 of 17
Hugh_Compton

I'm not so happy at the moment either.  In the past two days I've been stuck on the following:

I can't draw a flange with bolt holes that reacts like a normal MEP fitting (i.e. sizes itself to the pipe run):

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Parametric-Flange-With-Bolt-Holes/td-p/4319649

And I can't rotate a family:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Can-t-Rotate-Simple-Family/td-p/4320374

This is a ridiculously hard to learn program but being based in the UK apparently by 2016 all drawings for the UK governemnt must be BIM compliant.  AutoCAD was far more logical.

Hope it gets easier cos this takes the *%*$^

Message 6 of 17
archmark
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

Hugh, I'm sure that one of the numerous 'Autodesk Apologists" will have a "workaround' available, but don't count on a 'real' solution ever getting added to or corrected in the program itself. Autodesk doesn't work (or think) that way...

Message 7 of 17

Reports are that one will be out shortly (weeks).

Message 8 of 17
lanl

Hi sallyaltahan, 

Revit 2014 Update 1 is now available on the updates/service packs website, please check link below:

Thanks.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 9 of 17
archmark

I'm running a "Standalone-Locked" license of Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014 and I get the following error message:

2013-07-19_1015.png

Wassup wit dat?

The absolute BEST "Enhancement" has to be under the Autodesk Revit Platform 2014 Enhancements list, about 3/4 of the way down the list: "Improves stability when exiting Revit".

PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE KIDDING AUTODESK, P-L-E-A-SE...

Message 10 of 17
DarrenP

did you download the revit architecture update? there are 4 separate updates

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22002645&linkID=9273944&CMP=OTC-RSS...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 17
archmark
in reply to: DarrenP

4 separate? I only see one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit. What am I missing?
Message 12 of 17
DarrenP

there is one for Revit 2014, Revit Architecture 2014. Revit MEP 2014, and Revit Structure 2014

you downloaded the wrong update

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 17
archmark

4 separate? I only see one for 64-bit and one for 32-bit. What am I missing?

Message 14 of 17
DarrenP

all 4 on this webpage

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=21208796#section13

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 15 of 17
archmark

MY BAD! Thanks for the guidance and hand-holding. It appears to have taken. Thanks again...

Message 16 of 17
DarrenP

there are actually 5 updates i forgot about revit LT

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 17 of 17
sallyaltahan
in reply to: lanl

Thank you very much i just download it 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report