Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Running Slow After SketchUp Import

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
MATTHEWTRIPLAR
1315 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2014 Running Slow After SketchUp Import

Hi there, I’m hoping someone may be able to help me please…

I’m having problems with Revit 2014 running slow after creating families from SketchUp models which are then loaded into a project.

Here is how I’m creating the families:

1. SketchUp Pro 2014 model exported as DWG
  2. Revit > Create New Family > Furniture Template > Import CAD > Save Family > Load into Project

The rest of the building and structure is created using standard Revit families (walls / doors / windows / etc.) The furniture families I’m creating are quite detailed models and after being saved as a Revit family they are about 1.5mb each. Once the entire project is complete, the size of the saved project file is 20mb. Which at this point is the model is virtually unworkable.

The machine I’m running this on is 6 months old and the spec is:

Model: Dell Precision T5610

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz  2.10 GHz (12 Cores)

Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (the computer came with 8GB and I upgrade the machine with 2x 4GB Dell RAM from Dell)

Graphics Cards: NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (monitor 1), NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (monitor 2)

Software: Autodesk Building Design Suite 2014

Any help with this would be much appreciated. If there is any info missing please let me know and I will update.

Many Thanks,

M

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: MATTHEWTRIPLAR

I have experienced this myself. For a project I received families made based on imported (3D) Autocad models.

Quite quickly Revit performance starts to deteriorate.

Basically I think if items are not native Revit, then Revit can not work in an optimal way and slows down.

Therefore If I receive those type of models/families I remodel (if needed simplified) them in Revit.

In a final stage I can always replace them by the more detailed received families (if needed).

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report