Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Rendering Cloud Problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bnhan
4081 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2014 Rendering Cloud Problems

Hi,

I'm trying to render images for a project in 360 Rendering. I've used the cloud service hundreds of time but for the first time something happened that I've never seen before. After the image is completely rendered, I usually adjust the exposure. After the exposure is adjusted, the background image gets flipped vertically. I'm not sure as to what the problem was but two other people I know had the same problem. 

We were using a 2013 .rvt file and then brought it over to the 2014 version. Not sure what to do.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cary.fulbright
in reply to: bnhan

Have you installed Revit 2014 UR2, which was released at the end of October?

Message 3 of 8

Hi I am loving the render cloud but I ran into a big problem. As you can see the capture image below highlights in yellow the edge of my frame structure. The cloud render did not match what I'm seeing in my viewport which overset frames.

The facade is made completely with massing and adaptive components. The overset problem children are a repeated curtain panel family I made myself. I tested this rendering straight from the Revit 2014 application and there are no geometric problems. 

Is this just not supported by the Render Cloud? Or is there something I'm missing? I would really appreciate your feedback as my project is due in the next couple of days. 

Kind Regards,

Tim

Message 4 of 8

Hi timothy,

Can you share with us the image you rendered from Revit 2014 locally? I want to compare the difference between two renderings and figure out the what exactly the problem is.
Ada Yan
Message 5 of 8
jack-production
in reply to: bnhan

We have fixed this issue in recent updates, you can try the cloud service again
Message 6 of 8

Hi I apologize that I never messaged back. I wrapped up a hectic semester and then was off to Europe for the past 3 months! I'll attach a couple images to show the differences. It's essentially the same view. The night render has a problem with the cutoff and the day render I rendered locally because day shots are much quicker. Check it out the attached. "MoneyShot.jpg" is an overall shot but if you look closely, all the edges are spikey going beyond the framing system I created.

Thanks! I'll do a quick test to see if the problem has still persisted.

Message 7 of 8

@jack-production wrote:
We have fixed this issue in recent updates, you can try the cloud service again

Hi- I have just tried using the cloud service again on the same shot I referenced in the previous post showing the comparison. The result was the same. (see attached) Is there something I am missing? Maybe a service pack update, Revit 2015.... ?

Message 8 of 8

Hi, Based on my understanding, you said that the background environment image been flipped vertically, while sorry for that I cannot see the problem obviously from your attached images, could you help me hightlight problem place in the image? Thanks! Jacky

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report