Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 on Windows 8.1 32 bit

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Christiaan_Gombert
9396 Views, 17 Replies

Revit 2014 on Windows 8.1 32 bit

Hi there,

I'm trying to install Revit 2014 (a student copy) on my laptop. Since the laptop has a older Core 2 Duo cpu, the device is not able to run a 64 bit OS.

This is why I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 32 bit. I downloaded the installer from the Autodesk website, it's a 32/64 bit installer (Autodesk_Revit_2014_English_Win_32-64bit_dlm).

After extracting the file I try to run the setup. But i get the following errer:

"You cannot install this product on the current operating system."

I searched the forum and most people say that the installer is probably 64 bit and the OS 32 bit, or visa versa. But in my case the installation file clearly says it's 32-64 bit. So it should be compatible whit my OS no mather what.

Some other people suggested i should install .NET framework 3.5, i did but still no succes with installing Revit.

And some other people suggested i should modify the setup.ini file and remove the 'checkOSversion' line from it. I did, and yes Revit did finally install itself on the laptop. But after installation i wasn't able to run the program, it force clossed itself after 1 second.

As you can see i tried many things but nothing worked out for me. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks, Christiaan

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Technically, we have not certified Revit 2014 on Windows 8.1.  I would try to run the setup.exe in compatibility mode.  It similar to step 4 here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/07/unsupported-autocad-2014-on-windows-vista.html

You may need to do this as well.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/09/installing-net-35-on-windows-8-with-autodesk-prod...

David Lau
Message 3 of 18

Hi David Lau,

I've tried your suggestions. But I still have the same problems. Installing in Windows 7 compatibility-mode does work, but after the installation i tried to run the program. In windows 8.1 and in windows 7 compatibility-mode the program force-closes.

Also enabeling .NET framework 3.5 didn't do the trick.

Is there anything else I can try?
Message 4 of 18

Message 5 of 18

No I have not. It's a GeForce Go 7600. But since Revit 2013 work flawlessly on this machine, that shouldn't be the problem, should it?
Message 6 of 18

I have noticed that each year that the software is released, it requires a bit more power in terms of CPU and Video.  It is possible that your current configuration may work with a 2013 product and will not work with a 2014 product.

You may try this if the Geforce card can do it....

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/08/fatal-error-autocad-architecture-2014-2012-geforc...

David Lau
Message 7 of 18

Since I only have a GeForce graphics card and no intergraded secondary gpu inside of my cpu, I don't have this chois.
Message 8 of 18

I have been informed by the QA team that Revit 2014 only is supported on Windows 8 in 64 bit mode only.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15385625&linkID=21208795

David Lau
Message 9 of 18

Well that explains a lot. Thanks for the support anyway.
Message 10 of 18

Hi there,
i have the solution for your problem
if u didnt get solution yet
contact me : kadri.wael@gmail.com

http://imageshack.com/a/img823/1776/a4sq.jpg

Message 11 of 18
ljc03
in reply to: Christiaan_Gombert

Hello, I wanted to ask you how did you modify the Boot.ini file from your operating system window in August

Message 12 of 18
camilafletcher
in reply to: kadri.wael

Hi Kadri,

I am also trying to installe Revit in my Windows 8 system and does not install. Do you any leads?

My firewall is off, I have tried Revit 2014, 2015 student version and free trial version.

Thank you,

Camila

Message 13 of 18
kadri.wael
in reply to: camilafletcher

hey every body ,

sorry for answering just now !! i got some probs .

the solution is simple , you explor the CD and you right click on the setup file then you go to proprieties - compatibilty then you  follow the instructions on the picture and that will be OK .

anyway thats how ive done to install revit 14 on my 32 system

hope that will be good for you .

revit.jpg

Message 14 of 18
CosmicRocket
in reply to: kadri.wael

Hey there, have the same problem. Would appreciate your assistance.

How did you get around it?

Thanks 🙂

Message 15 of 18

I am not a 100% sure how I got around it but I think I started from the
beginning again and re-entered my license number and them it happen. I
think for some reason it was not getting my license number.

--
"Quem quer fazer alguma coisa, encontra um meio. Quem não quer fazer nada,
encontra uma desculpa"
Message 16 of 18
jack
in reply to: david.lau

I just reinstalled my 2014 Revit LT from an older computer to a new computer running Windows 8.1 and it keeps crashing. I just saw from this post that there were compatability problems - but that post was old. Has the issue been resolved? 

Message 17 of 18
Christiaan_Gombert
in reply to: jack

Hi Jack,

Sadly I was not able to install Revit 2014 on Windows 8.1 32 bit. I had to
switch to a 64 bit computer.

Greetings,
Christiaan Gombert
Message 18 of 18

buenas tardesm estuve correot Sobre la instalacion de Revit en 8.1 de Windows de 32 bits

presento El Mismo Problema, Poseo ventanas portátiles UNA 8 y por tanto el de 32 bits. sonda tambien El que instaler indica Ser párrafo 32 bits y 64, Pero No me Funciona. 

Que solucion dados Usted Que Tiene?

favorecer la respuesta al correo maria_quintino93@hotmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report