Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Not Crashing before opening

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
407 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 Not Crashing before opening

I have been using Revit 2014 for a few months downloaded from autodesk community. It was running fine until I updated windows to 8.1 I am not sure what is happend, but as soon as revit wants to finish opening it closes. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall atleast 3 times. Could the problem be from Kaspersky internet security? if someone will please help me I will greatly appreciate it. I am a student of architecture and I have a Mid review in just a few days. Without this software I will be unable to present my project. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BIMologist_
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Have you installed any Revit Xchange Apps?
if yes then delete them/uninstall them.

2. from other posts
I had a simliar problem and it turned out to be an issue with permissions. Certain folders containing critical startup files did not have the right permissions for my account. I tracked down the folders using Microsoft Process Monitor that can be downloaded from here if you do not already have it. Before doing that, start off by right clicking on Revit and try to Run as administrator, if Revit starts normally than you know it is a permissions issue. After that you can use Process Monitor you can determine which files failed to open when starting Revit and then manually change the permission settings for the folders containing the files. There might be multiple files and folders that will need to have permissions changed. Hope this helps!

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/09/revit-crash-at-startup.html

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 3 of 3
edwin.prakoso
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit 2014 is actually not supported on Windows 8.1. If you notice this behavior immediately after you upgraded, this is probably the case.
If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report