Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Mirror Project Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Creed1982
1670 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2014 Mirror Project Problem

Howdy,

I'm having an issue with a particular revit file where attempting to mirror the project results in revit thinking for a long time, displaying a "ghost image" overlay of the plan mirrored, and upon completion doing nothing (the plan is still in its original orientation).  This is a fairly typical and small plan for our firm.  I've tested other projects and they work, and I've tried mirroring this one over multiple axes and none work.  Anyone have any suggestions or similar problems?  I've searched around on line and it doens't seem to be an issue I can find others having.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Creed1982

Not experienced it myself

From your explanation it is not clear what you do exactly do you use the mirror project function?

Mirror.png

Or do you select al entities and try to do a mirror?

I would try to do some troubleshooting (first backup your project). First make sure that all objects are visible. Delete parts of your model and retry to mirror. Hopefully at a certain point mirroring will work again. With a few experiments you might find the culprit

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
Creed1982
in reply to: L.Maas

I'm attempting to use the "mirror project" command as in your image.  I have gone through the warnings to try and reduce the clutter as much as possible (some I can't get rid of).  What's odd in this case is revit "goes through the motions" of mirroring, and doesn't display any warnings or errors when complete, but the plan is oriented just as it was before mirroring.  I read where one person did the whole delete one element at a time until you find the culprit thing, and I guess I can do that (theirs was a stair, which this particular house doesn't have), it just seems rather tedious.  Might be the only way to figure it out though.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: Creed1982

Then a small piece of advice. Instead of doing it piec by piece do it a little more extreme.

Start by deleting about half the objects (lets assume left half of the project). If mirror works or not work than you already know in which half to look for the culprit.

In the half you now expect the culprit you can repeat above process.

If you are lucky you will find the culprit much faster than by doing it piece by piece

(of course you can choose not to delete half of the project, but for example certain groups/families)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
Creed1982
in reply to: L.Maas

I've tried deleting certain elements that other similar posts seem to have indicated could be issues, but given that none of those worked, I guess it's time to go more extreme.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report