Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Materials Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
155 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2014 Materials Issues

I am trying to place materials in my revit model. I tried to put a tile on my floor but it was too small so when I uploaded the picture I resized it to be larger. Now, that tile is appearing in almost every family component I have made even though they are entirely separate components and I never touched them with the tile material. When you go into the actual family that is taking on the tile in the 3D view, the materials are actually correct. When I try to load into model the correct verson nothing changes.

ANY advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

Materials in the project override the materials in the family. This means that if your family contains a material (e.g. PlyWood) and the project has already a material named PlyWood then the material in the project wil be used.

So you would have to modify the material in the project, or reload it from a library

In some circumstances you could choose to rename the material in the project (e.g PlyWood01) and load the family with the PlyWood material

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report