Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Massing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
619 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2014 Massing

Hi Everyone I have completed a mass of my building as a family and I am having problems transferring it from family to a sheet for presentation. When I drag straight from family to sheet it says this element can't be place in this current view. I was wondering would someone be fit to help I need it in 3D.

Also I have to place my ground floor and first in black and white and the colour legend. I have the colours done but I can't find away to drag the floor plan in and changing it to black and white without changing the other plan(colour legend)

Victoria 🙂
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Paul_F_Aubin
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot place model elements directly on sheets. You have to place them in your model, create a view, then drag this view to the sheet. 

So with the mass, add it to your project in plan or 3D view. To make sure it shows up in the sheet, you can go to VG and make sure that mass is turned on. The best place to do this is in a copy of the main view. This way, you are only overriding the display of masses in this view. 

This is the same solution for your color vs. BW issue. Right-click the view, choose duplicate or duplicate with detailing. Then set this view to black and white or color as desired. 

Once your views are configured to show what you want, you can drag them to a sheet. 

paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Brilliant thank you for your help. How do you create a blank view?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Got it sorted thanks, I am gagging problems tho changing floor plan to black and white
Message 5 of 5
Paul_F_Aubin

In your original post you indicated a color legend. So I assume you are using a color scheme to color your rooms? If so, just duplicate the view as I indicated above, then on the Properties palette, chnage the color scheme to None. This will remove the room colors. 

If your color is not rooms, then you will have to include a screen capture or file or something to explain what is colored in order to help. For example, if the objects are colored, this was probably done in object styles or visibility graphics. So you would have to reverse it in those locations.

Hope that helps.  

paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report