Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Installation keeps failing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jlukes27
450 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2014 Installation keeps failing

I've tried installing Revit 2014 on my computer and every time it says some products failed to install. I've turned off the firewall and tried installing it and I still get the same message. The Software Development kit installed, but that's about it. If anyone can help me with this issue you are a freaking life saver! I've posted the installation log file. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michaeljaaron
in reply to: Jlukes27

Make sure you've got the latest DirectX update, since it says that's what is failing in your log. I had the same problem but it was because I hadn't downloaded my SDK, perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling again. Good luck with it.

Message 3 of 5
creed
in reply to: michaeljaaron

The issue is multiple versions on the same computer.

I had the same problem on a users machine.  After doing some web searching found a few posts like this one.

http://synergiscadblog.com/2013/01/16/important-installing-multiple-autocad-products/

I didn't go to all the hoops he has outlined in this post, I just uninstalled 2013, insalled 2014 and then reinstalled 2013 and it resolved my issue.

Hope it resolves yours.

Craig Reed
CAD/BIM Administrator
Hanson Professional Services Inc.
Springfield, IL
Message 4 of 5
jessica.t

Hi Jlukes27 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!   

Thanks for the log file! That shows us that you're experiencing the follow error: Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Will you test out this solution to see if it resolves the issue? Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
edwin.prakoso

You might want to try this to: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Usually you need to uninstall the prerequisites first. Or you can force the installer to skip installing prerequisites. 

Be careful if you are going to try the last one. Make sure all prereq is already installed. However, from the log file I can see you already have them.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report