Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Imperial families

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
Marlum
46949 Views, 38 Replies

Revit 2014 Imperial families

I have just downloaded Revit 2014 and I can change my project units to metric from imperial but all my families are still in imperial, I was wondering how to change those to Metric too. thank you for your time

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
TejasChavan
in reply to: AJA14

I tried everything you have said multiple times but it simply does not work..pls its really frustrating so can we pls have a downloadable?

Message 22 of 39
LisaDrago
in reply to: TejasChavan

hello @TejasChavan - if you have tried everything suggsted and are unsuccessful, i would contact your reseller or if on subscription - contact autodesk through the subscription center for assistance.
LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 23 of 39
aarifmalik
in reply to: Marlum

Sir i am new to revit 2014 l, i tried to load family bt doesn't come, even i tried the above things but i got those folders bt they come empty wt to do plz help
Message 24 of 39

For those of you that are experiencing problems with the installation of Revit content, I would recommend the following:

1. Access the Windows Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
  2. Select the Autodesk Revit 2014 entry and click Uninstall/Change.
  3. At the main Revit 2014 maintenance page, click Add or Remove Programs.
  4. At the Add or Remove Content page, disable the checkboxes for each content pack, then click Next.
  5. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.
  6. Repeat steps 1 through 3.
  7. At the Add or Remove Content page, enable the checkboxes for each content pack that you want to install, then click Next.
  8. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.

The key is to remove all content before attempting to reinstall it. This is necessary because you are currently in a state where Revit is incorrectly under the impression that content installed properly. Steps 1 through 5 get you back to a state where Revit is aware that no content is installed and subsequent attempts to add content should be successful.

It is also VERY important to note that you must have an active internet connection when running through these steps because some Revit content may need to be downloaded during this process. I also recommend disabling any anti-virus software during this process to ensure that it does not block the download of Revit content.

Another recommendation is to add autodesk.com to the list of trusted sites in your Internet Explorer options. This can be accomplished through the following steps:

1. Access the Internet Explorer Options dialog and select the Security tab.
  2. Select the Trusted Sites zone.
  3. Click the Sites button.
  4. Enter *autodesk.com in the "Add this website to the zone" field, disable the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" option, and then click Add.
  5. Click Close.
  6. Click OK.

Finally, changes were made in the Revit 2015 installation and now Revit (the program) is installed separately from Revit content. For 2015 users, you need to launch the maintenance process for Autodesk Revit Content Libraries 2015 and not Autodesk Revit 2015.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 25 of 39
aarifmalik

I tried everything all folders come empty,
Message 26 of 39
aarifmalik

I follwed the same it worked lil bit coz in the imperial folder i get just two door types n one window type, wt to do plz tell me
Message 27 of 39
aarifmalik

I dont why autodesk hve this kind of software problem, y dnt u fix it permanently
Message 28 of 39

to all experts i tried all this bt last when i floowed ur steps see wt i get i get just few door types plz help me i luv those autodesk products... plz help me wt to do i am confused...

Message 29 of 39
aarifmalik

Y dont u help me i added my comment with pics too
Message 30 of 39

Unfortunately, it is not clear why you are only getting a portion of the content installed.  Beyond retrying the steps I've outlined previously, my next suggestions would be:

• Acquire the Revit 2014 installer on physical media (DVD) and install from it.  This recommendation is made based on the fact that downloaded Revit 2014 installers do not include content so it needs to be downloaded during the installation process.
  • Try installing Revit 2014 on another system.  If content is successfully installed, you can copy it from this system to your original system.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 31 of 39

thanks bt i think i will download revit 2013 now n hope it will fix the problem

Message 32 of 39
sevens.muthu

i installed revit 2014 its working. 

the problem is adding "Door, Window ..column..etc... its shows "No Door Family is loaded. Would you like to load now"  If i made Yes.  No files to be there!

Now wat can i do. To load the library files?

Please give solution.

Message 33 of 39

@raissss008 wrote:

Can you give me metric families such as doors,windows,walls and interiors? And tell me how to install it.

-Architect Rais

Message 34 of 39
neltz
in reply to: rajakonai007civil

If you want to load the metric (or imperial) library, these are the
instructions for PC

• Open Control Panel and select Programs & Features.
• Select Revit and click un-install/change (don't worry - it won't
un-install the program!)
• Once the dialog box opens - click on the Add or Remove Features.
• You should be able to see the metric or imperial library that can be
installed.
• Check the one you want to install and then click Next.
• This should install the library for you.

​Hope that works for you!​
Message 35 of 39
FznRGchXz
in reply to: AJA14

thenk you so much sir : Smileyvery mutlu:

Message 36 of 39
mnaser.rozy
in reply to: LisaDrago

you are right thank you. but in metric libbrary there is nothing i mean empty. and what shoud i do for fulling the libbrary as imerial libbrary? kindly tell me the procedure

Message 37 of 39
neltz
in reply to: mnaser.rozy

What version of Revit are you using?  If it's 2015, you may not get the "Add or Remove Features" option when you right click on "Autodesk Revit" in the Uninstall or change a program window.  Instead, try right-clicking on "Autodesk Revit Content Libraries".  Here you should have a box that says, "Add or Remove Features" Once there, a window should open where you have the option of choosing US Imperial or US Metric.

Message 38 of 39
sabarimohan1819

i will do like this but after update my templets folders are empty, please help me what can i do?

Message 39 of 39
faizan2525

how to download compounds families???????????????Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report