Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Imperial families

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
Marlum
46832 Views, 38 Replies

Revit 2014 Imperial families

I have just downloaded Revit 2014 and I can change my project units to metric from imperial but all my families are still in imperial, I was wondering how to change those to Metric too. thank you for your time

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39
LisaDrago
in reply to: Marlum

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

When you go to your libraries - do you see both Imperial and Metric folders? You may have to navigate up one to see both folders. Image Libraries for reference.

If not it may not have been installed.

The best way to do this would be to go to your control panel and then un-install a program

Select Revit 2014 and click un-install/Change (don't worry - it won't un-install the program!)

Once the dialog box opens - click on the Add or Remove Features. Image Features for reference.

Then you should be able to see the metric library that can be installed. Image Content for reference.

Make sure it is checked and then Click Next.

This should install the library for you.

Let us know how it goes!

And please come back to the community often and post questions or answers others questions!

Good to have ya!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 39
Marlum

you were exactly right, thank you very much, just wondering how to set the metric folder as default? thank you again

Message 4 of 39
AJA14

Hi,

Go to application menu, options dialog, File Locations. There you can set up the default templates, family templates, and libraries (Places).

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 39
Winter-s
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa. My revit version is 2012. I did the same thing as you mentioned in above (Add or Remove Features). However it only created a number of empty folders. I wonder any other solution to resolve the problem.

Thanks

Message 6 of 39
LisaDrago
in reply to: Winter-s

Hi Winter-S - I did some searching for the 2012 content and it took me to this page >HERE<

Basically starting in the 2012 version it tells you to do what I have said above in this post.

I looked at the wiki help it suggests and it states the same thing... 

But there is the 2011 content - you would be able to use that content in 2012 and you are able to download it.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 7 of 39
schulte8

I have tried to utilize the Imperial families in Revit 2014 and I keep having the attached message pop up..... What is your advice? 

I have tried...

-turning off my firewall and reinstalling it

-adding autodesk to my approved sites

-adding the libraries in the add or remove content

I even purchased the software as a student and its very disappointing/frusterating paying money and not having things like these show up..

Please help!

Message 8 of 39
raissss008

I am not able to load families in revit 2014,how to do it?
And from where can we download revit 2014 families,any link?
Message 9 of 39
raissss008

send the link for revit 2014 families and how to install it?
Message 10 of 39
LisaDrago
in reply to: raissss008

Hello and Thanks for joining the discussion.

If you would refer to the information above - it will give you the information on how to install the library. Also there is no link for the 2014 library. That is also listed above.

LD

Message 11 of 39
raissss008

Can you give me families such as doors,windows,walls and interiors?and tell me how to install it.
Message 12 of 39
raissss008

Can you give me metric families such as doors,windows,walls and interiors? And tell me how to install it.

-Architect Rais

Message 13 of 39
formfunction33

I am an instructor, and I have recently had over 20 students ask me why the Revit 2014  install didnt include the families/templates.  I realize your knee-jerk  procedural answer is to simply go to uninstall Revit and "hit the add the libraries" button, but you seriously might need to check on this,..it does not work many times.  Also...a work around would have been to offer the libraries as a download. 

Message 14 of 39
neltz

Awesome!  Thanks for this tip.  Been wondering how to to this for a while!Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 39
chathu81

i installed revit 2014 architecture.but there are no families and libraries,how can i get it.plz

Message 16 of 39
LisaDrago

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

If you would read above - the second post explains how to get the requested information.

LD

Message 17 of 39
kumaramigo13

can anyone help me to how to post a question in the discussions .

thanks in advance.

kumar manchala

Message 18 of 39
tmeg

i have done all these but to no avail,please someone help me on family templates of doors and window
Message 19 of 39
AJA14
in reply to: tmeg

Hi all,

It is quite as easy as Lisa Mentioned.

1- Go to uninstall in control panel. (Make sure revit is closed)
2- Click on uninstall revit.
3- from the menu choose add content. (Do not attempt to repair or uninstall)
4- select the required content (I Suggest US Metric and UK)
5- Choose the default to be either of the two above or any that you wish.

Once you choose the default Autodesk will do the rest for you.

If in case you have the library from a friend, all you need to do is place them in the correct location. To do so, follow these steps:

1- Open C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014
2- Place your folders there. You should have 3 folders (Libraries, Templates, family templates).
3- Open Revit, go to the application menu (The big R at the top left)
4- Choose options in the bottom right.
5- Go to file locations
In the top dialog add the templates.
In the 3rd location add the family template locatio.
In the places add the library locations.

Done.

Good luck.

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 20 of 39
victorarquiteto

Hey. I am using the educational version of Revit 2015 and the add remove feature are not displaying to me when i try to un-install/change. the only options that show is Repair or Unistall. how do i get that option?

VICTOR HUGO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report