Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Hardware Limitations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
292 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 Hardware Limitations

I've tried to install Revit 2014 on a super computer (32 GB of RAM, SSD HD and 6 GB Nvidia Titan Black graphics card etc...) in order to run 5 or 6 sessions of Revit simultaneously on this machine for a huge project, but I found that every session can't take more than 2 or 2.5 GB of RAM and all those sessions used almost 10% or 15% max from my Core-i7 4970 super processor, except for rendering it took a huge amount from my RAM and processor, but every other operation I've tested on Revit doesn't try to use any of the extra resources I've added to this machine. Also I've tried both Hardware acceleration and software acceleration and it didn't made any noticeable changes.

My first question is why Revit doesn't use all of the super hardware I've added to this computer?

Second how can I configure Revit to make use of the extra hardware I've added to this machine?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gregamhale
in reply to: Anonymous

I am surprided that each session of Revit would only take 2.5 GB of RAM.  I'm pretty sure I've maxed out RAM with just a couple of sessions going before.  Revit doesn't typically take alot of processing power as there are only a number of operations that take advantage of multi-core threading, such as rendering.  Revit doesn't typically need this high-end of a graphics card either.  It helps for Ray-Trace and rendering, and of course is helpful for other graphics intensive programs like 3DsMax.  

Try verifying that each session will only take the 2.5 GB RAM.  Otherwise, the other resources sound like they are operating correctly.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

About the video card is important to consider whether it is optimized for games or cad type applications. And, aiming to help the user, Autodesk has tested many signs to attest its perfect working with Autodesk products. Therefore, the first action is to consult the plates approved by Autodesk Revit, this ensures that future boards has been tested and performed well with the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report