Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 empty library files

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
beacharchitect
51055 Views, 19 Replies

Revit 2014 empty library files

There is no content in my 2014 family libraries for either imperial or metric. Tried the update routine from programs>uninstall but that didn't work. Where can I load the files from?

Thad A. Broom, AIA

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Yo, any Autodesk peeps monitoring this group? Need some help here.

Message 3 of 20

Hi

The new version of Revit, there is no Template and Library

You can down version of the template, for example, 2011 Library and copy and paste the path in 2014.

Http://seek.autodesk.com/ are also available for download as well.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 20

Well, thats just not true. They installed OK on my laptop.

Thad Broom, AIA

Message 5 of 20
LisaDrago
in reply to: beacharchitect

You can try to install the component library separately.
First - close Revit.
Go to Control Panel> Programs> Uninstall a program.
Select Revit 2014 and click Uninstall / Change
A window will come up for Revit
Select Add or Remove Features
Under content pack - select the content you need
Then click Next
This should install the component library

Let me know how this goes

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 6 of 20
beacharchitect
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks LD but that was the first thing I tried. If i select next it justs updates Revit, doesn't install the library. If i select add content, it sends me looking for an xml file on my computer. Have no idea where to look.

Thad BRoom

Message 7 of 20

I am having the same problems as Thad. I cannot get any of the Imperial Library files to download in Revit 2014, and have tried the suggestions in this thread to remedy the problem with no luck.

Message 8 of 20

Lisa's steps for adding content are correct, but be aware that the content is downloaded during the install process so you have to have an internet connection during the install process. Plus you may have something in your firewall or anti-virus that is blocking the download.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS19331146

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Revit-Architecture-2013-Missing-Families-on-Ins...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 20

posted a help request on the subscription site and they sent me to a ftp site to down load the files. If you are a subscription member, suggest you do that.

Thad Broom, AIA

Message 10 of 20
rahim_om

The new version of Revit, there is no Template and Library

Message 11 of 20
daylonbrumfield
in reply to: rahim_om

I actually got the libraries after uninstalling and reinstalling the
program.
Message 12 of 20
kinwah14

Hi there,

I have the same problem, but i have fixt it. The problem is the country you choose when you install Revit 2014. Some countries is included with templates and libraries. First time i install Revit 2014 and choose country is Netherlands. But Families Library it's empty. So i uninstall it. When i install Revit 2014 and country as United Kingdom, i got all families and rfa and rvt files.

Hope have help you.

Kinwah14

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 20
David_W_Koch
in reply to: kinwah14

Do not just accept the initial defaults when installing.  If you click on the down arrow at the product in the installation window, the window will expand to show the product options available.  I installed in the United States, but chose to include content (Libraries and Templates) from a number of other countries as well.  See attached image.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 14 of 20

Message 15 of 20
hamid_a_m

okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
Message 16 of 20
zazus_01

i need help, i can´t even uninstall revit 2014 

Tags (2)
Message 17 of 20
charlinejulia
in reply to: zazus_01

Hey Guys I had the same problem, the first time I installed revit 2014 I had my internet connection off. Once it was installed the content was empty. I tried updating by adding features and it still didn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again with the internet connection on and once that was done, everything was their. The entire library, I even noticed with having the internet on while installing took hours to install. I hope this works, for anyone that had the same problem as me.

Message 18 of 20

it worked for me mam.thanks alot... 

Tags (1)
Message 19 of 20
socnandan

I too had same problem and I tried to fix this using updating library but it didn't fixed it I tried reinstall/repair option which appears when you try to uninstall revit it it solved it!!

try it and let me know how it worked for you

1213123.PNG

Message 20 of 20
benhopkins
in reply to: socnandan

Plug-in your installation USB stick and then go to:  Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Select "Revit 2014" and then click on the "Change" button in the menu above the listing of programs and features.  

The installation wizard will show you a list of Content pack options.  Pick the Language & Country combination that you require and click "Install."

Ben Hopkins

Classic Muskoka Homes

www.classicmuskokahomes.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report