Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Revit 2014] Default Families, Templates not Installing

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
DragonClawsAreSharp
46852 Views, 19 Replies

[Revit 2014] Default Families, Templates not Installing

Hello Autodesk Community,

I performed a clean install of AutoDesk Revit 2014 on my computer. Everything works, other than anything that requires one of the default "Content Packs".

After looking up on the internet, I figured that these are files that are supposed to be downloaded during installation at

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2014

However the folders at the location on my machine are empty.

I tried intalling the product multiple times, each time with a working internet connecivity. I tired installing after disabling Firewall and Antivirus. I tried after adding AutoDesk website to "trusted" in Internet Security Settings. Still no positive results.

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Thank You,

Rick

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Hello - have you tried:

The best way to do this would be to go to your control panel and then un-install a program

Select Revit 2014 and click un-install/Change (don't worry - it won't un-install the program!)

Once the dialog box opens - click on the Add or Remove Features.

Then you should be able to see the metric or imperial library that can be installed.

Make sure it is checked and then Click Next.

This should install the library for you.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 20
taranathsd
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thank you for your information. But i tried that 5-6 times. but i didnt get my libraries (families).

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Message 4 of 20

I get the same problem, and when I follow your advice, go to the contrioll panel,  add remove revit, to install the missing templates, it asks for the location of the content.xml pack...which I dont have. If I just hit next it goes to the update screen, but hangs after an hour or two, with the update icon stuck at one dot ( or at zero %). Is there anywhere else we can download the pack, and then add the families when they are required ?

Message 5 of 20

Yaaa.. I have a same problem..

I meen, The library UK and Merit Ro linear are missing my revit 2014.

please help me for my problem....

Message 6 of 20

For those of you that are experiencing problems with content, I would recommend the following:
1. Access the Windows Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
2. Select the Autodesk Revit 2014 entry and click Uninstall/Change.
3. At the main Revit 2014 maintenance page, click Add or Remove Programs.
4. At the Add or Remove Content page, disable the checkboxes for each content pack, then click Next.
5. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.
6. Repeat steps 1 through 3.
7. At the Add or Remove Content page, enable the checkboxes for each content pack that you want to install, then click Next.
8. When the updating process is complete, click Finish.

The key here is to remove all content before attempting to reinstall it. This is necessary because you are currently in a state where Revit is incorrectly under the impression that content installed properly. Steps 1 through 5 get you back to a state where Revit is aware that no content is installed and subsequent attempts to add content should be successful.

Also, if you are being prompted for a XML file, that means you click the Add Content button. This is a separate mechanism that allows customers to include their custom content in place of or in addition to the default Revit content. If you are not working with custom content, you should avoid the Add Content button and stick to the steps I outlined above.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 7 of 20
Message 8 of 20

Thanks, solved everything.

mil
Message 9 of 20
ngubeni
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

thank you very much.....really helped me!....God bless

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

I've tried every recommendation here, but I still cannot install Revit 2014 Defalut families and Templates. Everytime I tried (using Control Panel--Uninstall/Chnage), and after I choosed Remove/Add and unchecked the conetnts and hit Next, the screen poped out with a notice saying: The product failed to update! Can someone help? 

Message 11 of 20

http://www.cadgroup.com.au/community/blog/cadblog/index.php?showentry=24 ( did you try instruction from this web site ?)
Message 12 of 20

Message 13 of 20

@DragonClawsAreSharp wrote:

Hello Autodesk Community,

I performed a clean install of AutoDesk Revit 2014 on my computer. Everything works, other than anything that requires one of the default "Content Packs".

After looking up on the internet, I figured that these are files that are supposed to be downloaded during installation at

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2014

However the folders at the location on my machine are empty.

I tried intalling the product multiple times, each time with a working internet connecivity. I tired installing after disabling Firewall and Antivirus. I tried after adding AutoDesk website to "trusted" in Internet Security Settings. Still no positive results.

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Thank You,

Rick

Message 14 of 20
diewalla

When i get to the Add/remove screen, absolutely nothing will show up for me to check or uncheck? I have uninstalled and reinstalled completely three times, disabled my firewall and added autodesk to my trusted sites?

what on earth am I supposed to do?

Message 15 of 20
otaviob

I'm trying to install Revit 2014 in my computer but the windows says that it's not a win 32 program . Anybody could help me ?

Message 16 of 20
David_W_Koch
in reply to: otaviob

Do you have the 32-bit installation files?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 17 of 20
otaviob
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Yes my Windows is 32 bits
Message 18 of 20
David_W_Koch
in reply to: otaviob

@otaviob wrote:
Yes my Windows is 32 bits

Yes, you are running a 32-bit operating system.  Are the Revit installation files capable of installing a 32-bit version of Revit?  From the error message you reported, I would guess they are not.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 19 of 20

How I can apply this in Revit 2015?I cannot follow the given procedure because when I click the Uninstall/Change. I did not seen any maintenance page of my Revit 2015..Is this procedure could be also applied to Revit 2015?Can you give me some procedure that can help me?

Thanks!

Message 20 of 20
noradeen
in reply to: clapanocarlocris

Open the link below to install templates .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2J-uAzZjm4#t=321.910567

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report