Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 crashes while in Material Editor

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
533 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2014 crashes while in Material Editor

Hello,

While in Material Editor or even sometimes just trying to open Material Editor Revit crashes. Is there a solution to this? I currently have 20140709_2115(x 64) Update Release 3 installed. I just installed UR3 this morning thinking that it might help the problem but still happening. I even disabled Hardware Acceleration.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alida.popescu
in reply to: Anonymous

If understand correctly Revit is crashing when you are accessing the Material Editor.

There is an article on the Autodesk Knowledge Network about this issue happening in Revit 2014:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Since you said disabling Hardware Acceleration does not help, I would suggest that you start by updating the graphic card driver and making sure there is enough free memory on your disk for Revit to run.

If it still has problems, try the suggestions of opening Revit with 3rd party applications disabled.

There is also a known issue, but for Revit 2015, which causes a very high number of materials to appear in a project.

You could check for the very high number of materials, by using some of the instructions from this article:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Let me know if any of the suggestions help and if you have any news on the situation.

Alida Popescu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report