Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 crashes when attempting to create new local from central

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rcarreiro
393 Views, 5 Replies

Revit 2014 crashes when attempting to create new local from central

We are currently working with a worksharing model in the office but new team members on the project are unable to create new local files from the central file. I have been able to to create a local copy for myself and working/syncing with the file has not caused any issues for me. When any of my coworkers attempt to create a new local from the central revit reports that an unexpected error has occured and it crashes.

We have attempted to replace the central file in the case that it was corrupted but it has not improved the situation. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rosskirby
in reply to: rcarreiro

Re-create the central file by choosing "Detach from central" when you open, and also check the "Audit" button.  Then re-save as a new central file.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 6
rcarreiro
in reply to: rosskirby

Hi Ross,

I've tried this step but this doesn't seem to remedy anything. The file continues to crash for the other users attempting to open it. Can you imagine any other possible solutions for it?

Message 4 of 6
rosskirby

Double-check and make sure all team members are using the same builds of Revit.  Go to the question mark in the top right corner, and choose "About Autodesk Revit".  Compare the results from each machine.  They should all have the same build number.  Inconsistency between builds has been known to cause instability in some situations.

If the build numbers are different, make sure all machines have the latest updates and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 6
rcarreiro
in reply to: rosskirby

That was it. That never crossed my mind to see if they were all updated to the most recent Release Updates. I updated everyone's computers last night and everything seems to be in order and we are now able to create local files for everyone. Thank you for all of your help, Ross.

Tags (2)
Message 6 of 6
rosskirby

Glad I could help!

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report