Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Crashes Cant Even Open It!- Emergency!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
185 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2014 Crashes Cant Even Open It!- Emergency!

Hi everyone, I have the student version of Revit 2014 downloaded to my computer- windows 8, 1TB 8GB RAM. It worked fine for almost 3 months now and then all of a sudden when I would try to open the program it crashes just as it gets to the project/families home screen. I have tried repairs and uninstalling, reinstall everything. My final projects are due Monday so if anyone can help that would be great!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hazlipa
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome the the Community @Anonymous !

Revit Architecture 2014 was not originally compatible with Windows 8, although you might have been able to run in previously, as more updates for the OS came out that gap would have been stretched further and further until it eventually breaks. However we have since released this update for Revit Architecture 2014 to run on WIndows 8. Could you give this one a try?

Revit Architecture 2014 Update Release 2

There are a lot of variable that can cause crashes, this is just one of many possibilities! Let u know if this does not resolve the issue! 

Ariel Hazlip
Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

As an addtion to Areils's answer, for a short term solution you might also try to return to a previous restore point (if available) and see if that helps.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report