Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 - Content & Families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
acjuelich
1516 Views, 1 Reply

Revit 2014 - Content & Families

Hello,

I have deployed Revit 2014 to a few labs but they are missing Content and Families.  If I go to one of the machines and try to modify the install through 'Programs and Features' there is no content to choose.

What is the best way for me to get this stuff and deploy it to these machines?  Even if I can get a ZIP of the content and do a Robocopy to them.  Anything is better than physically touching all of them.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

If you are installing Revit from a deployment image, I would verify that the necessary content is available.  To do so, check the Img\Content\Revit\en folder, which should include a number XML files as well as sub-folders that contain CAB and TXT files.  If not, this is an indication that your deployment image is missing the necessary content files and you may want to update it and see if the appropriate content files are restored.

If you are installing Revit from the original installation media, do these lab systems have internet access?  I ask because some versions of the Revit installer do not include local content files and therefore all content is downloaded during the installation process.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report