Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 - Cloud rendering, issues with stairs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
336 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2014 - Cloud rendering, issues with stairs

I have been working on a model in Revit 2014, and cloud rendering was working fine until I added stairs. Now whenever I attempt to render something in the cloud, I get the "File could not be translated -1" error message. When I delete the stairs, cloud rendering works fine. I saw that a possible fix was to instill SP 1 for Revit 2014, but when I attempted to install it, it could not find Revit on my computer. I am using a student license, could this be causing the SP1 installation issue?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luna.ye
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

An issue with the Stairs in Revit 2014 was fixed in Update 1 and Update 2. We strongly recommend installing the updates for your Revit product.

For more information please see

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Revit Updates

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Hope this helps.

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: luna.ye

If you look at my post, you will see that I was unable to install either update for Revit.
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not a student (in the formal sense of the word), so I am not familiar with what is being offered to students.  But I do know there is a good deal of confusion among commercial users regarding the application of updates and hot fixes.  It is important to understand exactly what type of Revit you have installed, and then find the appropriate update/hot fix.  Some of the hot fixes may be type-independent, but the updates generally are not.  On the commercial side, it is possible to have Revit Architecture, Revit Structure, Revit MEP or, if you have a suite, Revit (sometimes referred to as "one box," which includes the capabilities of all three).  The latter can be configured to look similar to one of the other three, but there are separate updates for all four, so knowing which one you have is key.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report