Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 Can't select idividual rail to edit it

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
5268 Views, 11 Replies

Revit 2014 Can't select idividual rail to edit it

I've watched the 2013 new features videos, and I can't select an individual rail in a railing by selecting the railing and then tabbing to select the rail.  Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

In order to specifically select the railing of the stair, hover the cursor over the railing so that the entire stair becomes highlighted, but do not click yet. Press TAB to cycle through the selection options and then click when just the railing becomes highlighted.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

it doesn't work.. :S it selects the whole staircase but not the individual railings..

Message 4 of 12
damo3

and if that doesn't work? I am the same as the previous post... hovering over the handrail, tabing away... nothing, just an annoying bell from Revit indicating I can't. I am using the defaultl revit handrail 1100. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: damo3

I have seen same.  I believe this is probably due to your railing being the old railing type that doesn't have the Top Rail properties in the railing type.  

If you upgrade a rvt or transfer railing from a rvt that is pre 2013 you might be bring in railing type that doesn't have the new Railing properties.  I don't think it's possible to upgrade old railing to the new railing system.

HTH

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Don´t work in Revit 2015.

No funciona en mi Revit 2015.

Coloco el cursor sobre la barandilla, se ilumina azul, no presiono click, si presiono tab, y no sucede nada, no me permite seleccionar el pasamanos (handrail) la única opción es seleccionar toda la barandilla.

Por favor, corrijan esto, o compartan una ayuda para hacerlo. Gracias.

Message 7 of 12
terraconsultinginc

No funciona si la barandilla fue creada en una version de Revit antes de 2013. Necesitas abrir un projecto nuevo in 2014 or mas reciente y transferir la barandilla al projecto que te esta dando problemas
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

This link will actually solve the problem... there is an option in the railing type properties that you can change, then you find the Top Rail Type in the project browser and modify it there

(go to bullet point 4)

http://revitcat.blogspot.com/2014/08/top-rails-in-revit-railings.html

Message 9 of 12
David125

I get the same thing, I hover over the handrail till it highlights blue, hit tab and nothing happens nothing but that annoying Revit. I don't even select anything.

Message 10 of 12
kathy
in reply to: David125

Under the Modify Arrow on the left side of the ribbon, is a drop down menu labeled "select".  Make sure "select pinned elements" is checked.  That's what it ended up being for me.

Message 11 of 12
franziboi
in reply to: David125

Hi guys! Just solved mine! Turned out that I do have a rail structure which I realized you can't choose and edit (I was planning on creating a railing extension). I saw that my top rail in type properties has "NO" for value. I changed it to yes and created it similar to the rail structure (height, shape, and material), so it hides behind that. I choose not to delete the original rail structure because my balusters are specifying their height on that rail structure.

Tags (2)
Message 12 of 12
wquizana

Make sure to enable "select pinned elements" before hovering around the hand rail and cycling through selection with tab key'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report