Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 & 2013 - Install on new PCs

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
robrds
577 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2014 & 2013 - Install on new PCs

Hi! We are upgrading our PC's over the next couple of weeks. What are some "best practices" to remove the Revit software from our old PC's and install on the new ones?

Thanks!

Rob

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jason_S
in reply to: robrds

I just install the software on the new computers and register it.  If you are not going to use the old PC's, I would format the hard drive and be done.

One other suggestion would be to create a Deployment on the server with the Autodesk software wanted.  Then all you have to do is click on that install and let it do its own thing.  Launch the software an select the Create Deployment button.  It will walk you through the process.

2014-03-07_125903.jpg

Message 3 of 7
robrds
in reply to: Jason_S

Caddman 13 - Thank you for your info.! I appreciate it.
Rob
Message 4 of 7
BIMologist_

I would like to ask, what type on licensing you have 1, Standalone (do you have multi seat standalone(one serial number or single serial numbers?) 2. Network how many PC's? / lics if you have more than a few PCs then the deployment is warranted. 1. If you have stand Alone use License Transfer Utility to port your license to cloud before you uninstall 2, If network then just uninstall

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Autodesk Expert Elite Member
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 5 of 7
robrds
in reply to: BIMologist_

BIMologist1
Thanks for the reply. I have standalone (one serial number) licenses. Its only three seats that we will upgrade PC's with. I was wondering if I would have an issue because the software is installed on the "old PC", the designers laptop, and now I want to install it on the "New PC". I'm not sure how to let the serial number be released from the old pc to install it on the new pc. Thanks again for your help. Rob
Message 6 of 7
BIMologist_

Here is the process http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 7 of 7
robrds
in reply to: BIMologist_

BIMologist1

Thank You! I think this will do the trick. I appreciate your help with it. I will let you know how it works when we do our upgrade (sometime next month)

Thanks again,

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report