Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 3D render BSOD

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Gammaza
749 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2014 3D render BSOD

I did a search for this issue, but I didn't find anything. So forgivfe me if this has been mentioned somewhere else on this forum.

My AutoCAD user is trying to do some 3D rendering in Revit 2014. On the lowest settings, it completes fine. But with any other settings, the rendering process gets to about 95% and then the user gets a BSOD error stating:

"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval."

I've updated the screen card drivers and the motherboad BIOS and I have installed the latest Revit 2014 service update.

The machine is has a Core i7 2600 3.8Ghz Sandy Bridge CPU, 8Gb DDR 1600 RAM with a Nvidia Quadro K2000 screen card.

Any help regarding solving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Gammaza

BSOD are usually hardware related not revit related

read through this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026248/can-a-bsod-hurt-my-computer-.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Gammaza
in reply to: DarrenP

You don't say. Pardon me if I'm coming down as rude, but that's a really crap answer.

Care to give more details as to which hardware could cause this issue?

The PC runs fine with no issue what so ever while running any of the other applications. The BSOD only comes up when rendering.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

You might  want to try BlueScreenView, a free, portable program that provides information on your recent crashes.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
ajgarl

Have you tried to set up rendering on a remote machine? 

Message 6 of 7
RyanCameron

Is it possible you ran out of RAM?  8Gb isn't what it used to be.

I stopped buying i7's since I used to get a lot of BSoD's too.  Xeon's are my preferred chip.  3 times the price - zero BSoD's.  My time is worth the extra $750 I spend to save days worth of time throughout the years.

you could also try shutting off one of the processor cores to free up availability for other processes running alongside your rendering.

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Message 7 of 7
Gammaza
in reply to: RyanCameron

I've installed a Revit trial verison on a second machine. Exactly the same machine except for a slight difference in the motherboard model, and it worked perfectly.

The motherboard that gave the bsod is a ASUS P8P67-M PRO.

The motherboard that works without issue is a ASUS P8P67 EVO.

So I guess I'll just swap machines around. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report